Lights

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
Keir Anderson

Lights

Post by Keir Anderson »

Hi,

My altezza lights are taking on water. I've done a search and gonna try the oven method. When i come to re-seal them what brand of sealant should i use and where can i buy it from i.e. halfords or B&Q?

thanks.
White_mx-3_UK
mx almere

Re: Lights

Post by mx almere »

Taking on water? Do you mean that they are fogging up or are they beginning to look like a fish tank?

If they are fogging up, another way to permanently get rid of this problem is to add a little ventilation. Just drill a little hole from the back of the altezza's. It might take some time to clear up, but the fog will dissappear for ever.
Keir Anderson

Post by Keir Anderson »

thanks,

well to be honest a bit of both really. at first
i thought it was just fogging up so i pierced the housing from the back of the light. i checked it a few days later and there is definatley water collecting inside. just not sure on which sealant to use??
White_mx-3_UK
Holte999

Post by Holte999 »

What are Altezza lights ?. Where do you get them ?.How much do they cost ?.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

They are Lexus style lights for the MX3. Total cost about £100.

One of mine has taken on loads of water, im thinking of keeping fish in it. (Joke, dont call the RSPCA).
Iv got a new pair now but havnt installed them yet, just use a clear silicon from any DIY place.
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Will that actually work? Taking out the fog by drilling a hole? I thought the reason the fog was in there was because of a leak. Maybe you do have a point though it would increase the ventilation and as long as it is on the back (inside) it wouldn't let water in....
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by killerpickle:
Will that actually work? Taking out the fog by drilling a hole? I thought the reason the fog was in there was because of a leak. Maybe you do have a point though it would increase the ventilation and as long as it is on the back (inside) it wouldn't let water in....
Mine are on 3 mos. and @1 month started fogging a bit followed by leaking @2 mos. and leaking a lot now. I figure the fogging is a sign H20 is getting in somewhere in sm. amt. with more to follow? Drying them out now for a re-seal. On the other POV, the front corner/turnsig housings are made ventilated with a small tube so if a small hole doesn't allow water in, some ventilation might still be helpful on the tails. :shrug:

Return to “European MX-3 Community”