headlights

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
FastytheJinx

headlights

Post by FastytheJinx »

clear headlights

why doesn't a manufacturer make these.
or better projector headlights :2thumbsup:

i know nearly every mx3 needs them right!

<small>[ June 12, 2004, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: FastytheJinx ]</small>
Sam Baker

Re: headlights

Post by Sam Baker »

awesome post :idea: they not only have clear lenses but they got projectors! LOL
92 Autozam AZ3
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Why dont you go the GTS clear lens cover option? they look sweet from what ive seen and easier than civic lights.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

u cant use the GTS clear covers on stock headlights, cuz that wouldn't be legal. it has to have those ridges.. unless ur using projectors ;)
92 Autozam AZ3
pelado

Post by pelado »

Has anyone ever measured 1999 or later Miata headlights? They look like they are about the right shape.......???????
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

the miata lights have already been done....

i have been looking at them recently as i bought some civic lights but i'm not sure on them, if i do fit them i will be customising the body not the lights> just to be a little bit different.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I am starting to get ready for the year to make these but hmm there apears to be "bump" or a downfall. They would work well with the stock bumper because thats what keeps them there on tight..but hmm I just barely tought of this and after looking at alot of mx3 with aftermarket bumpers...ee the bottom part where the headlight sits may be a bit different..

http://www.geocities.com/c00l.geo/sidemxprojector.JPG

can anyone see what I mean?? they are on so tight that the aftermarket kits would have to be the same..altough...it may work..just that I dont have an aftermarket bumper.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
rdawg000

Post by rdawg000 »

mine are that tight at all ! i mean there tight and snug enough that they don't bounce around > There just as tight as the stock oem mx headlights
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

why wont some company make projectors for us, Id love a set that would be direct bolt-in
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

Sam Baker wrote:u cant use the GTS clear covers on stock headlights, cuz that wouldn't be legal. it has to have those ridges.. unless ur using projectors ;)
does this mean that the huge majority of newer cars that have clear lenses (w/o the 'ridges') are all using projectors?
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

MarkMoore wrote:does this mean that the huge majority of newer cars that have clear lenses (w/o the 'ridges') are all using projectors?
No not the majority, my Protege has clear lense using H4 bulbs - much better lighting than the MX.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Taras

Post by Taras »

Yah, My Protege also had reflectors with clear outer lenses. And with good H4's in there, they are awesome.

Why doesn't any company make lights for us? Because plastic injection molding is expensive.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

Taras wrote:Yah, My Protege also had reflectors with clear outer lenses. And with good H4's in there, they are awesome.

Why doesn't any company make lights for us? Because plastic injection molding is expensive.
so what sam baker said wasn't true then? you are allowed to use clear lenses w/ reflectors?
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
wickedmx3

Post by wickedmx3 »

If someone made aftermarket headlights or projectors for our car, I would buy them in a second, no questions asked. Forget shopping around for a better price, forget any wait time they might have, whatever...if they were made, I would buy them.

So just in case someone out there is reading this, that is in a position to make these...rest assured that 75% of MX-3 owners, if not more, would buy them in a heartbeat.

Return to “New Product Development”