grand am headlights?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
justintoxicated

grand am headlights?

Post by justintoxicated »

is it just me or does anyone else see a pretty close similarity between pontiac grand am (from like 2000 and up i think) headlights and mx-3 lights...seen a few driving around and thought they looked like a very close fit. i was just wondering if anyone thought of custom fitting these lights instead of the civic lights because i am thinking about trying these grand am lights, and wanted to hear some opinions...
Got Rice? You do!
lok

Re: grand am headlights?

Post by lok »

the look is similar.... but its way too big.... it would be good if u will try it out though
justintoxicated

Post by justintoxicated »

i dont know if they are "way to big" they look like they are probably a little bigger, i was gonna try to find one in a parking lot or something and get some measurements, also a co- worker of mine has a pt cruiser, i am gonna try and measure those lights as well (i saw a thread about this earlier), ill let you know what numbers i come up with for both.
Got Rice? You do!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

actually I jungled with the idea of swapping them for a year now..the shape is very similiar
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
Teal_93

Post by Teal_93 »

I beleive the Grand Am headlights are bigger. Besides I used to own a lowered 01 Grand Am with 18" rims.

The only thing I don't like about the grand am headlights is that they have the reflector & turn signal in the headlight & the reflector cannot be removed. It is molded into the headlight.

Shouldn't be too hard to make them fit though.

Check out my cardomain from my former Grand Am
My 01 Grand Am
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

how about pt cruiser headlights they are very similar in shape as well
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

i dont think grand am lights would work, they look to be to long, the pt cruiser lights however look pretty close imo.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

They already have Projecotr ones for the PT too! I have been checking them out. They cote $600 for a set.
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

might as well get the civic ones, 130 shipped. cant go wrong. 600 is way too much imo.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
flatblackmx

Post by flatblackmx »

theres i s a mecury the one's that look i dentical to the ford tarus ???? year but man they look identical to mx headlights also the lights off the ford tarus i think there 2000 and up they look like small versions of ares as well. :froggie_red:
lets go get it !
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I was at the j/y today getting my MAF and checked out a few lights Grand am- way too long. Taurus, too huge. IMO the civic's are the closest. If anyone tries the PT cruisers, let me know. BTW if anyone needs a SOHC 1.6, They got one with 46K on it for cheep!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

I found the PT projectors for 371.00 and they do look VERY simalar to the shape of ours, but the civic ones are much cheaper...
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”