headlight question nothing fancy

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
chris83

headlight question nothing fancy

Post by chris83 »

Okay, my mx-3 was in a front end accident from the previous owner. Everything is fixed, however one headlight is clear..the other is fogged out.

I dont see enough mx-3's to know which is suppose to be stock, fogged out or clear? None the less, where would I go to get a clear headlight lense for the second one. As it gives alot more light then the fogged out one.

How much do they run for as well?
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Re: headlight question nothing fancy

Post by johnnyb »

the clear one is the new headlight installed probably because the old one was broken in the accident, you have 2 options: use this faq or you can buy a new headlight to replace the foggy one, however I'm not sure how much a new headlight goes for.....

you have other options (installing custom porjectors etc.) but this is the only 2 options you have for the question you have.
chris83

Post by chris83 »

well does any place sell mx-3 headlights? or are you all custom making your own?
perhapsadingo8yerbaby

Post by perhapsadingo8yerbaby »

Originally posted by Volo:
well does any place sell mx-3 headlights? or are you all custom making your own?
For the stock ones, if your foggy one won't polish up clear (& most will) then ebay can be an inexpensive source. Might also try http://www.car-part.com/index.htm. I believe that cost for a new replacement would be close to $300. Course, you could always bastardize some Honda projectors if you want to look like an MX-Honda... ;)
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

for a brand new one that would match yours you'd have to go to the dealer, its hard to find a perfectly clear mx headlight because an mx3s headights have been in the sun for 6 or 7 years. the only people who can brag about clear headlights after 7 years is people with new ones and people with glass ones but seeing as North America never got glass headlights you might have to settle for a new one
duo

Post by duo »

well when i bought my mx3 my headlights were foggy too. but i used somethng like the blue magic and it work out great. i sudjest dat u should try dat 1st.before buying new ones.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”