anyone know how to bypass headlights. Without new combo

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
babygirl23

anyone know how to bypass headlights. Without new combo

Post by babygirl23 »

Alright I'm having a big problem with my headlights. Not many people know about electrical problems on cars. My combo unit is messed up. Everytime i make a right or left turn my headlights go out. If i go over any bumps my headlights go out. I don't want to replace the whole combo unit, has anyone ran into to this problem or know how to bypass it.
Midnight.Son

Re: anyone know how to bypass headlights. Without new combo

Post by Midnight.Son »

Are you sure it's the combo-switch and not a loose wire?

The problem with by-passing the combo-switch is that it will affect the high beam lights then. There might be a way to by-pass the main portion and leave the rest working, but it won't be pretty.
1994 Mx-3 RS Automatic & 1993 MX-3 GS manual
babygirl23

Post by babygirl23 »

Does anybody have any manuals for the electrical in the combination unit so i can see how it is supposed to be....
Aston Wards

Post by Aston Wards »

Sounds similar to what happened to me, i had to buy a new switch, not expensive, even from my local Mazda dealer!
91 Eunos Presso KF-ZE
89 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+2
90 Nissan 300ZX TT 2+0

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”