HELP!! W/ Clear Plastic

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Low3-XM

HELP!! W/ Clear Plastic

Post by Low3-XM »

I need to know whhat i can use to take paint off of plastic with out it eating through the plastic. and then i need to know if i can use like plactic polish to make the plastic all clear again....help me please :crying:
Taras

Re: HELP!! W/ Clear Plastic

Post by Taras »

Depends on what type of plastic and type of paint.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Low3-XM

Post by Low3-XM »

its like a lense to a fog light.. clear kinda hard, and i wanna say its spray paint on it..
Taras

Post by Taras »

If it is a very important piece of plastic to you, take it to your specialized plastic shop. They may give you a suggestion based on what it is. I can't suggest anything but mechanical way of removing it. 2000 grit wet sand and then polish. But try and see if anything Chemical will help. Good luck.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
pipes

Post by pipes »

I had to do this.. What ever you do do not use paint stripper..
JDM is right.. use a very very fine wet sand paper.. It may take a while but it does work.. Buff it really good and then I would clear coat them.. This is what I did to my blinkers and they turned out better than new!
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Meguiers Scratch-X then some platic polish worked for a paint scuff on my one headlight. Of course it took a very long time. You just gotta be careful and use a really fine abrasive.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”