Headlight Dirty Inside

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
aggieB

Headlight Dirty Inside

Post by aggieB »

Hi all, the light bulb of my headlight is broken. how can i clear up the glasses?<p>[ September 18, 2003: Message edited by: JDM ]</p>
tinkertank

Re: Headlight Dirty Inside

Post by tinkertank »

I was wondering the same thing. I upgraded the bulbs to Sylvania Silver Stars ( <A HREF="http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm</A> ) , which look great... BUT... the car was in an accident just before I bought it and now the driver's headlight is new (shiney, clear) and the passenger headlight is old and crappy looking. I was wondering if there was a way to clean the old one instead of spending $200CDN replacing the passenger light with a new Mazda OEM part.<BR>THanks,<BR>Martin
MX-3 - 4 cyl. ('92)
Bad_Ktty02

Post by Bad_Ktty02 »

You only pay $200CDN to replace a headlight? Where can i order a couple? I have to pay $250USD to replace one headlight! Where can i order a headlight that cheap?
thanks,<BR>-=*Heather*=-<BR>'93 Mazda MX-3 Special Edition
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Damn, I should do a group buy of head lights or something.<P>Im a mechanic. My cost for headlights is $150.00 CDN plus 15% tax = $172.50 each right from my local mazda dealer. :) <P>so your looking at aroud 345.00 for 2.<P>thats around $215.00 US for 2(my $ conversion is probably total s--- but it might be right) plus shipping. <P>Im not really looking to sell them I just wanted to let you guys know what a good price is. so make friends with your mazda parts guy or a mechanic and try to get a good deal.<P>If you really REALLY REALLY need me to get them for you then we could probably set some thing up.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Call Mazda, ask them can we get a group buy on car parts. I'd love to tape the reaction. It would be easier for a dealer to do that. Mazda's too big to worry about selling 1 more headlight. What we should do is find someone overseas and get the glass ones off of wrecks, sell them to us. <P>Just an FYI, Japaneese MX's have plastic headlights. I know a guy that deals with foriegn car parts and he lives in Japan. I asked for a set of headlights, he said they were all plastic. Anyone in Europe wanna make some money?
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

to make your headlights alittle more clear you can polish them with a plastic polish or car wax. the more coats you do the clearer they will get.
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

they are all glass in UK. shame mines a jap import... but one was replaced from being too yellow so i got a nice shiny glass one and a fading yellowy one.
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
Sparky75

Post by Sparky75 »

i like the famous last words bit... but...<P>FORD = Full Of Rusty Dents<BR>or.....Found On Roadside Dead<BR>Or.....Fix Or Repair Daily.<P>And..<P>FIAT = Fix It Again Tomorrow.<P>Hope you liked them ones hehehehe
My MX-3 (Presso Eunos) 93 spec Right hand drive.<BR>Mods..<BR>Sullivan racing Alluminium Race Pedals.<BR>17x7" MB Molini Alloys with 215/40/17 tyres.<BR>Glass headlight/one smashed :(<BR>PRM Intake Kit.<BR>Front Strut Brace.<BR>Erebuni Bodykit & GTR Rear Spoiler on the way.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Sorry to pull up an old post, but what do the glass headlights cost in the UK - new, or used good condition? I can probably get my sister to ship them to me with no tarriff and only $15 shipping through APO/FPO mail.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

ttt
tocixxx

Post by tocixxx »

Hi Guys<p>Prices from Mazda Europa are horrible, so forget it.<p>I called 3 wreckers. <p>they only have one pair for about 300 Euros !!! <p>I don´t think anyone will buy these ?
92 GS-R, RX-8 Lightning Yellow, Complete Aresspeed Bodykit
http://www.cardomain.com/id/tocixxx
Mazda Speed & Style Club Austria http://www.mazdaclub.at
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

i payed 182 dollars for a headlight from the mazda dealer in hamilton (canadian dollars...)
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by killerpickle:
i payed 182 dollars for a headlight from the mazda dealer in hamilton (canadian dollars...)<hr></blockquote><p>Were they the plastic or the glass ones?
Taras

Post by Taras »

If your lights dusty/fogged up from the inside you could do two things to clear them up.<p>1. Take your lights apart and clean them. To take them apart you need to bake/heat them up in the oven over 10 min period. Preheated oven to 225F. Turn oven off when lights are inside. Use cookie sheet. You will need to use Black RTV sealer to put them back together. Make sure no leaks (air test, plug vents)<p>2. Use distilled water and gentle soap and try cleaning them without taking them apart. Rinse. Air dry.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”