1157 / 1156

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
RaspMetalicMX3SE

1157 / 1156

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

has anyone ever used LED versions of these for there Altezza tails and if so do they work good? Only reason i ask is because the bulbs mount through the bottom of the tail wich means since the LED do not illuminate 360 degrees like i normal bulb i would think that they will just shine straight up and not out
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Re: 1157 / 1156

Post by Zoso124 »

Right, the bulbs are crap, their brightness is half of a normal bulb.
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RaspMetalicMX3SE:
has anyone ever used LED versions of these for there Altezza tails and if so do they work good? Only reason i ask is because the bulbs mount through the bottom of the tail wich means since the LED do not illuminate 360 degrees like i normal bulb i would think that they will just shine straight up and not out<hr></blockquote><p>The only thing I would use them for is sidemarkers and front turn signals. Reason being is because of the flutted lense in front of them.<p>Either way, they're still illegal since they only have about 160 degrees of light spread.<p>If you want LED taillights, you can get LED boards with about 30-60 LEDs on them. You'd have to retro-fit them in, but they'd be legal.<p>~A<p>[ September 16, 2003: Message edited by: Aiden ]</p>
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
Taras

Post by Taras »

Oh please do not get those LED screw-in bulbs with 6-8 LED's in them. You need about 30-50 regular LED's to have equal brightness of a regular 21w bulb. Do not waste your money.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

most of them have like 12- 15 LED's on them and since i dont think anyof you have tried them or seen them light i think i'll buy one and test the brightness and if i dont like it i'll bring it back
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

I just replaced all my bubls with PIAA Xtreme whites, They are the brightest bulbs I've seen. They don't make much of a difference in the red parts of the altezzas, but in the the signals and sidemarkers the difference is amazing.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”