93 GS AUTO to KL-ZE 5 Spd.

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
ECHO

93 GS AUTO to KL-ZE 5 Spd.

Post by ECHO »

Hello,

I'm looking into getting a little more umph out of my 3. I've read all the KLZE swap pages and info but it seems that theres not to many people who have done both swaps. I found one but he was talking about fitting a mx-5 tranny into a mx-3 while others simply used the GS 5 spd tranny. Which choice is the better one. i know theres different gear ratio's in the mx-6 five spd. vs the mx-3 five spd.
So basicaly what i want to know is all the parts i'm going to need for a auto/five spd swap. Or a existing website that has this info. Also keeping in mind the power of a Jspec KLZE.

Thanks,

T3ch@ccomm.com

Please contact me by email
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: 93 GS AUTO to KL-ZE 5 Spd.

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by echo:
... but he was talking about fitting a mx-5 tranny into a mx-3 while others simply used the GS 5 spd tranny. Which choice is the better one. i know theres different gear ratio's in the mx-6 five spd. vs the mx-3 five spd.
Did he actually do the MX-5 box (maybe just the gears?) swap, or was it just speculation? Anything is possible, but that one wouldn't be worth the effort imho.

For ratio differences see this post. However, whilst it says that the 626 has a higher fifth, a lot of sources state that the fifth gear for 626 AND MX-6/Probe V6 is 0.795 ( MX-3 is 0.837).
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “Transmissions”