bodykit worth it ?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
avio

bodykit worth it ?

Post by avio »

hey i'm taking my mx-3 out of storage from winter now and i'm trying to decide whether it is worth putting a body kit onto my car? do u guys get pulled over more often when ur car is fully done up ?? btw what is the price range for a full kit (all 4 sides)
Marlon

Re: bodykit worth it ?

Post by Marlon »

a bodykit is cheap around 1200 but painting it is not
goto an mx-3 meet(or any car show) and see hom many people with bodykit's are all messed up like cracked and crap,
i'm not saying there cheap paint jobs or anything, it's just that fiberglass breaks really easy and gets stone chips fast.<p>i've had my bumper 4 about 4 months now and i have 1 big crack and 2 small ones, and many stone chips
if u want looks go for it but u might have to re-paint the bodykit once a year to keep it looking good
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

hmmm i have had my kit on over a year know and no cracks what so ever and i have even hit a rabbit with it. I do have some chips in the paint but i only put a couple coats of single stage paint on and I live up in stone county.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
Len-Dogg

Post by Len-Dogg »

The answer to your question about getting hassled by the cops is hell yes. At least around where I live. They don't pull you over just for having a nice car, but I am always getting followed by the cops for miles while they wait for me to speed or something. I can guarantee that if I hadn't gotten their attention with my car then they wouldn't have done that. Oh well. I love it when they finally give up and I'm like "that's right punk cop!" haha
1995 Blaze Red RS 5sp. Manual, Pacesetter Exhaust, Custom CAI, 17" ADR Rims, Kumho Tires, Altezzas, GS Style Spoiler and Mud Guards, Neoprene Seat Covers, Aluminum Foot Pedals, Leather Shift Knob, Remote Starter, Blaupunkt Stereo and 5-disc changer, Pioneer Speakers, Amp, and Sub<p>http://www.cardomain.com/id/lendogg<p>http://www.msu.edu/~leonar40/Car.html<p>Image
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Avio, with a bodykit on, the cops will look at you differently as will anybody. I don't know what you look like, but ever since the "racial profiling" thing came about, I get no hassles, (except for my trip up to DKN5). It's like they're afraid to pull me over. :D <p>one
avio

Post by avio »

how about that new type of plastic thing ?? what is it called again??? the one that u can bend and it won't break ?
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

yo, if you want a bodykit, i can get you in on the group buy, 1000$ for the whole kit and you wont have to pay shipping seeings how you live like 30min away, let ,me know at
airjordon_09@hotmail.com<p>peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
jpwmx3

Post by jpwmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by avio:
how about that new type of plastic thing ?? what is it called again??? the one that u can bend and it won't break ?<hr></blockquote><p>You mean Polyeurothane.
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

ya, im pretty sure thats what he meant, and yes it does break, learned first hand
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”