engine swap

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
avio

engine swap

Post by avio »

does anyone know much how much it would cost for an engine swap and where can i get it done ???
thebonestockkid

Re: engine swap

Post by thebonestockkid »

that depends on a few things bro... a simple engine swap will cost roughly 500... but then youll need a new clutch if you get a bigger engine.. depending what you want, 150-450. then you need the VAF and ECU, you can pick those up for relatively cheap, 100-150 each, as long as you DONT go thru mazda. then of course you SHOULD upgrade your exhaust and get a cold air intake. then theres the engine itself!! so many factors to take into consideration bro, dont rush into it.... also, a-spec in etobicoke does some pretty good work, even if they charge a little more than the next guy.. they know mazdas inside out. anyway, good luck with it bro :D
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

i didnt think you needed a vaf with a KLZE sawp
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3_punk

Post by mx3_punk »

Do you have the phone # or website for a-spec, im looking to do the swap but i cant find a shop that will do it, thanks
Black 93' KL-ZE

Post by Guest »

i'll do it for 2900 installed with a kl-ze 1.8 everything else
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dj_Pawz_GS:
i'll do it for 2900 installed with a kl-ze 1.8 everything else<hr></blockquote><p>KLZE 1.8 !!! :eek:
could you explain a bit more,,
mx3_punk

Post by mx3_punk »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dj_Pawz_GS:
i'll do it for 2900 installed with a kl-ze 1.8 everything else<hr></blockquote><p>How much would you charge to put in the 2.5L, i can get the engine so how much would you charge just for instalation
Black 93' KL-ZE
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

I believe he meant he'd install the KL-ZE engine but you'd be stuck with all the K8 parts you'd need to change (ECU, VAF, etc....)

Post by Guest »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by johnnyb:
I believe he meant he'd install the KL-ZE engine but you'd be stuck with all the K8 parts you'd need to change (ECU, VAF, etc....)<hr></blockquote><p>that is correct... i can get ze ecu's for 325 but if its a longneck motor then u would be stuck with the 1.8 mani until u got an ms8, also 1.8 exhaust mani's and downpipe<p>if u have the motor and all the parts/fluids ,, i would do it for like 800,
thebonestockkid

dj, not to sound like an *** , but youre going to charge 800 bucks for an engine swap, when you can get it done by most mechanics for about 500 NOT including clutch install? again not trying to be a jerk but that seems pretty high to me, my mechanic installed my engine (2.5 kl03) and new clutch disk WITH the 2.5 manifold on there for 700 bucks even. let me know what youre sayin.. lates
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

R.I.P.
mx3_punk

Post by mx3_punk »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by thebonestockkid:
dj, not to sound like an *** , but youre going to charge 800 bucks for an engine swap, when you can get it done by most mechanics for about 500 NOT including clutch install? again not trying to be a jerk but that seems pretty high to me, my mechanic installed my engine (2.5 kl03) and new clutch disk WITH the 2.5 manifold on there for 700 bucks even. let me know what youre sayin.. lates<hr></blockquote><p>Where abouts did u get yours installed?? i am having trouble finding a shop to do it
Black 93' KL-ZE
thebonestockkid

well i got it installed by Fine Motor Service in 'Sauga, buuuuut he pretty much vowed that he would never do an engine swap for a mazda again (ran into a few troubles lol) needless to say the timing was out (couldnt figure that out at the time) so i had it towed to a-spec, and they fixed her up for me :D . i cant seem to find the number, just call 411 and get the operator to give you the #. they do pretty good work there, give them a call and see what they say, gl.

R.I.P.
mx3_punk

Post by mx3_punk »

yeah it seems that a-spec is the place to go, thanks for the advise and if you do find out the number could you post it on here...thanks a lot dude
Black 93' KL-ZE

Post by Guest »

i can;t believe that they charged u extra to put the clutch on, they have to take the old clutch off anyways to swap it over so to put a new one on is the same as putting the old one on, unless he machined your fly wheel but thats like 45bucks to get done, your mechanic charged u cheap cause he didn;t know how much of a ***** it can be to do and how many problems u will run in to.<p>MJ Customs is in the works right now its my friends and I;s company, there'll be alot more comin our final rpice for a kl-ze installed will be probally be $2700 anything else u want added will be extra will keep anyone who is interested informed we also have intakes for v6's probally be 4 sale for 100 bucks with a cone filter. <p>if u think its not a deal then just don;t get involved, i am just trying to help fellow mx3ers out cause i know how hard it to get **** and to get swaps done with out going to a-spec a-spec does awsome work but i am willing to give u another option MJ's site will be up soon

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”