Moving to... Welland?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Flashpoint2

Moving to... Welland?

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Hey guys.. curious.. Is there an MX-3 club in Hamilton, or is it considered part of the Toronto one? I'm moving to Welland from Nova Scotia at the end of Jan, and I just wanted to know, cause I don't know a soul there. 8)
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Moving to... Welland?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hey! I work and goto school in Welland, and live in Port Colborne. Why are you moving to Welland?<P>There's only a Club in TO, but its worth it IMO, people from London to the Niagara Region (k, i think im the only from from Niagara that goes) meets there, although im sure that some of the TO Mx-3'ers think im nuts driving that far for a meet :D. Its only an hour a a half drive to the meet from Welland (i've done it twice in an hour), and i can hit 2 birds with 1 stone cause my sis goes to Sheridan College, about 15min away from the meet.<P>Having less clubs is, IMO, better cause the meets are larger and more fun...depending on when you come down, you might be able to come go-karting with us on Jan 10.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Unfortunately, I won't be there in time for the go-karting (although I'd absolutely love to go). Actually, I'm moving there because I'm going to be going to McMaster, and also because it's the closest place that I can get a transfer to with my job. 8) I'll actually be there for the weekend in 2 weeks, but that's just mainly to look around.. get a feel for the place. I have to look for a place to live there, as well. Know any decent places? 8) I don't need anything big, a bachelor pad would do fine. Any idea about what rent prices are?
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

oh, hey, one of my clients rents a place out for college kida, its not bad, ill talk to him. I'm guessing you'll have a car, cause i think McMaster is a little far from welland, no? I'm thinking rent is about $500/month, but i dont quite remember, i'll see if i can get in touch with him this week for ya
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
avio

Post by avio »

Port Colborne is an amazing place... i love it !!!! i've been there once :)
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

LOL! Of course I have a car! It's an MX-3! sorry.. I just thought that was kinda funny. 8) But I *would* appreciate you looking into that for me. I need all the help I can get with this. 8)
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ill look around PtCol and Welland for ya, i have a co-worker that lives in an appt in St Catherines, ill get him to check too. I Just kinda asked thatif you had a car cause i bet its a freaking long drive. You never know, you could own an Mx-3, but put it off the road while your at school and use it during X-mas and summer if and when you go home. BTW, where do you work? Give me your max or ideal rent price. Niagara College has some local postings i can get for you. Let me know.<P>Pt Colborne IS an amazing place, but after 20 years, it kinda gets borring. :o
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

actually, it's funny that you mention puttiong the car off the road.. I haven't driven my car since july 19th.. it's been in storage since then. the renewal on my insurance was nuts because of ONE freakin' accident.. I couldn't believe it! my insurance went from 900 a year to 3200, so I didn't renew it, an decided just to store the car until this coming spring. But now that I'm trying to move, i need to get the car out soon. <BR>It *is* a long drive, it'll be about 18-20 hours driving straight through. I don't need much in terms of space, just a safe place to park the car (underground preferably, but that's not likely) and a bachelor apt. I'm guessing somewhere around 450 or so, but like I say, I don't have a clue what rent's gonna be like there. if you want you can Email me. Nuke01@hotmail.com<BR>Oh, and hey, I really appreciate this. 8) anything I can do, let me know. thanks again!
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”