Need help wih my windows!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
The_Great_Tonge

Need help wih my windows!!

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

My drive side window won't go down now?!??!<BR>2 days ago it was working fine and saturday i didnt drive but today i tried to put my windows down and only one went down. can someone please point me in the direction of what might be wrong!
SmokyMcGee

Re: Need help wih my windows!!

Post by SmokyMcGee »

Listen if you can here the power window motor clicking or trying to bring the window down...if you dont here anything then..theres your problem. Or just force it all the way down....like i did when i first got my car and lubricate the railing. it could be something else.. but thats i found out my problem
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Look inside the power window module, you will have to have a small screwdriver. There should be 2 little white plastic pegs on springs (underneath the switch). Mine wouldn't go down because I lost that peg. Your's might have slipped off or something. Hope that helps<P>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
rikymaru

Post by rikymaru »

You know..this gets me thiking....<P>Is there some ghetto way to activate the power windows without the switches/pegs? I had a friend that would use a flat headed screwdriver to activate the power windows and move them down and up.
Elena, don't misunderstand. A pro isn't someone who sacrifices themselves for their job. That is just a fool.
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

Dood's...<P>this reminds me, my freekin windows, both passenger and driver's side, will go down fine, but when i use the window switches on my door, they go up so slowly and make alotta noise, anyone else have that problem? I have a '94 GS, i dunno maybe the motors are screwed or sumthin, but if anyone knows if it is just the way the windows are, or if it is another problem..
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”