Any Idea's..

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Ainu69

Any Idea's..

Post by Ainu69 »

Well car is in the shop and getting mad work done i hope to have it ready by next week, but they told me my suspention is alright but not the best. i am looking for a decent price for some

H&R springs = i have been quoted $400 + tax here in victoria but that to me seems a bit high

if anyone knows where we can get a decent set new please tell me

chris
10-4
Redhouse

Re: Any Idea's..

Post by Redhouse »

i think they're about 200$USD at corksport and i believe some of the members are going down there for the show and shine? it could save you the cost of shipping and duty/tax if they'd be willing to bring them back for you?

that is to say if you hadn't already planned on going.

thing to remember though is that if you're going with aftermarket sport springs, you will want to get a better set of struts.

the oem ones do not handle drops particularily well. there are a few expensive and less pricey options - like the using the zx2 (ford) r/s struts (do a search on hear and the suspension FAQ... lots of information about them and other strut options)

good luck
1996 Black GS 1.8l w. PRM intake and custom exhaust, zx2 strut conversion and Intrax springs, B&M short shifter and SRD bronzoil bushings, Ractive front and rear strut bars, Raxles axles, ESpec clear markers and front signals w. driving lights, Alpine headunit with 10" JL sub, jbl amp and front speakers.

Awaiting installation: Magnecore 8.5 Comp. ignition wires, ACT Stage 1 clutch w. SS clutch line, Outlaw phenolic spacers.
Taras

Post by Taras »

I remember I got H&R's in Victoria at SHC for I think it was $250.00, but that was a long time ago. May be try ordering them from Ontario or Quebec, they may be cheaper there, or US, but the box is quite huge, so shipping and duties may be an issue. Look on the Buy/Sell on the board, I am sure sooner or later someone will be selling them.

Alos, I think if your suspension is going, then you should be looking at better struts first and then springs. As Greg mentioned ZX2's are a good fair priced option. I would be willing to help you with those if you need.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Redhouse

Post by Redhouse »

ditto. i'd lend an extra pair of monkey hands too if you needed help putting them in

<small>[ August 08, 2004, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Greg Ridout ]</small>
1996 Black GS 1.8l w. PRM intake and custom exhaust, zx2 strut conversion and Intrax springs, B&M short shifter and SRD bronzoil bushings, Ractive front and rear strut bars, Raxles axles, ESpec clear markers and front signals w. driving lights, Alpine headunit with 10" JL sub, jbl amp and front speakers.

Awaiting installation: Magnecore 8.5 Comp. ignition wires, ACT Stage 1 clutch w. SS clutch line, Outlaw phenolic spacers.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Your's are not monkey hands though, you know what you are doing with those ZX2's. At least you did your research.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Ainu69

Post by Ainu69 »

Sounds good guys

i think it may be the next step, i just droped off the bumper and side skirts and the guy is going to get them painted and such it looks like the suspention is alright but i belive that i am going to replace it soon enough, so i will take you guys on your offer, because **** if i know how to put the stuff back together.

chris
10-4

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”