What do I have to do???

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
DVH

What do I have to do???

Post by DVH »

Hey what's MX west guys and gals!

I just moved here (Nanaimo) and was wondering what do I have to do to get plates on my car??
So are there any emissions??? safety???? obviously i need insurance, i know that. lol.

Also, does any one know anybody that might overlook a few things on my car so i can past the safety......hehee....if you know what i mean.. thanx

and hope to meet a lot of you

PS: planning to come out to the meet in the 21st of feb....if i get my car on the road..lol

later :D

<small>[ January 26, 2004, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: DVH ]</small>
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
monstar-mx-3

Re: What do I have to do???

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Welcome to the Club!

I been out there for three years- moved out from Manitoba. This is what you need to to. Find a shop...just a small local shop ( they are a lot more flexable) to over look "minor" stuff. It will cost about $75 buck. Then you need your Ont. Insurance plus reuqest a history of accidents from your Ont Insu. company. This way, if you havent had any accidents you may get a discount on your insure.

You dont have to worry about Aircare, because that BS only applies to us in the lower mainland.
DVH

Post by DVH »

thanx, awesome news, so to be more specific, :) any shops you guys can recommend?? or just any small local shops?? :roll:
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Taras

Post by Taras »

Derek, let me know when you are down in Victoria, so we can meet up. Have you got going on your BPT swap?
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
DVH

Post by DVH »

Originally posted by JDM:
Derek, let me know when you are down in Victoria, so we can meet up. Have you got going on your BPT swap?
naaa, I'm tryin to figure out what i wanna do...not sure if i should go BPT GTR or just custom turbo set up....BUt first gotta get the car on the road, been pretty busy getting settled, sure you know how busy things get around this time..lol

But yeah for sure, I'll let you know when i come up to Victoria and we can meet up :D
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Pat308

Post by Pat308 »

Sorry for the off topic post, but how did you remove the main panel off your dash for painting?
94' GS 1.8L V6
DVH

Post by DVH »

Originally posted by Pat308:
Sorry for the off topic post, but how did you remove the main panel off your dash for painting?
Start by un screwing the screws that hold in the center arm rest consel and then just work your way up to the shifter base all the way to the heater controls , also remeber the piece under the steering wheel column, held in by 3 screws, and then it pretty much just pops off. I hope you can kinda of understand, its not as hard as it sounds, just get a nice day and do trial and error...there's really not much you can break, unless you break a snap...just be gentle and forceufll at the same time....lol...if thats possible.

Good luck :2thumbsup:
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Pat308

Post by Pat308 »

Thanx man. I'll give it a try the next time I get a day off with nice weather. That happens about as often as an eclipse :welder:
94' GS 1.8L V6

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”