Time to replace my exhaust

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Redhouse

Time to replace my exhaust

Post by Redhouse »

here's the problem... today driving home my muffler became separated from the piping leading into it so.. i figure its time to look into replacing my exhaust and i'm looking for opinions. i'd prefer to go stainless though if its too $$$ and takes too long to acquire then i may just get mazda or someone else to simply replace it with OEM stock parts because i don't mind the stock sound and sound level.

does anyone have any opinions on where i can get a near stock sounding - though i'd go a little louder - stainless replacement (cat back) that is suitable (ie: 2 - 2.5 inches) for a relatively stock K8 engine. I'm really not concerned with an extra 3 - 5 hp at peak output if that matters. Or at least where and what i should order online and have it shipped if there is nothing in victoria/vancouver.

i figure my budget (inluding installation and the parts and shipping) is about 750$ CDN.

thanks for any help or suggestions in advance
1996 Black GS 1.8l w. PRM intake and custom exhaust, zx2 strut conversion and Intrax springs, B&M short shifter and SRD bronzoil bushings, Ractive front and rear strut bars, Raxles axles, ESpec clear markers and front signals w. driving lights, Alpine headunit with 10" JL sub, jbl amp and front speakers.

Awaiting installation: Magnecore 8.5 Comp. ignition wires, ACT Stage 1 clutch w. SS clutch line, Outlaw phenolic spacers.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Time to replace my exhaust

Post by wyldside »

For that Budget, you could probably get a nice Remus setup. Remus sounds pretty good without being annoying. Great performance too even though you weren't really looking for that.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Taras

Re: Time to replace my exhaust

Post by Taras »

Originally posted by Greg Ridout:
I'm really not concerned with an extra 3 - 5 hp at peak output if that matters.
But how concerned are you with a low end torque drop?
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”