West Vancouver Police

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
sapper

West Vancouver Police

Post by sapper »

Just out of curiosity has anyone here (Besides me) had any real problems with the West VAncouver Police at all? I find they pull pepole over just cuz their bored ****less.<p>I've takein it as far as registering complaints with the West Van police dept. and when they pulled up my plate info on their computers I've been pulled over a total of 48 times in less then a year without a ticket as all.<p>Is it just me or does this happen to you?
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
Spydie

Re: West Vancouver Police

Post by Spydie »

check out the I HATE COPS thread. Steve Racine aka babybluemx3 is having the exact same problem in Qc....only he gets like 4 tickets a month.
What are they pulling you over for with no tickets. I'd complain if it's unjustified.
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

West Van pigs are horrible. I have been thrown in the back of a squad car for no good reason and then left further from my house than where I was picked up. (I was walking home at the time)<p>To them, if you are under 30, you are guilty, period.
sapper

Post by sapper »

Speaking of westvan cops, I got pulled over again today by them, and then later on while fishing in the Seymour River I got a $145 ticket from the CN Rail police for walking across the train tracks (Tresspassing). Funny thing is, theres a trail built by the city, that goes right across the tracks where I crossed and got the ticket. I plan on fighting that one.<p>I think I've found a police force dummber then the West Van police. I thought that was impossible! Fricken morons.<p>[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: sapper ]</p>
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

My friend andrew has some choice words about the Rail cops... it is suprising how often "dumber than do s%#@" comes up. :)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sapper:
Speaking of westvan cops, I got pulled over again today by them, and then later on while fishing in the Seymour River I got a $145 ticket from the CN Rail police for walking across the train tracks (Tresspassing). Funny thing is, theres a trail built by the city, that goes right across the tracks where I crossed and got the ticket. I plan on fighting that one.<hr></blockquote><p>
Thats stupid! What did they do, sit there and wait for ya to walk across it?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
sapper

Post by sapper »

They were crossing the train bridge when I crossed the tracks (The ONLY Way to get to the rest of the trail!)
heattreated

Post by heattreated »

yeah man Nv and west van cops are dumb.. I always get pulled over for nothing.. hey one time I got pulled over.. all the cop asked me was :"are you playing cat and mouse with me?" and all I did was driving from my house to McD.
to all civics "want to race?"
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

Hey..I should get your guys Lic plate number so next time i see you downtown I can pull you over and give you a hard time :D The reason why they pull people over for no reason is because 1/ times that person has a warrent out. or have an expired DL. We alway just punch in LP number at and see what comes up because some times you get lucky.
sapper

Post by sapper »

But if you didnt have either (Which I can say for sure there was nothing on me) whats the point. Sure you some times get lucky. And I'm assuming by the way you are talking your with VPD. Dont you think that being pulled over 48 times in less then a year is a bit excessive? I've neverhad a record witht he police, niether had my car. Hell I'd never even had a parking ticket or a speeding ticket!! West van cops are just bored and take it out on north van people.

My buddie got pulled over by a west van cop last month in DEEP COVE NORTH VANCOUVER. Whats with that?!?!?! Hes not even in his own juristiction!!!
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

there has to be a reason, it might not be a good one. are any of you guys non-white?, do you drive a riced up car? , are you a white kid(16-22) that dresses like a black kid and drive from the back of your car with tinted windows and loud music? these may be the reasons you are getting pulled over.

Mazdagirl gets pulled over as well, but she is hot, and drives a flashy car.

Im a white guy (26-32) I drive a stock looking 95 MX-3 GS, I have the stock stereo and I wear mostly golf shirts or sweaters and dont wear hats.

And I have NEVER been pulled over in my MX-3. but It has no converter, no PCV system, Im running the ZE and I have a ZEX nitrous system installed.
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Gotta love sleepers...
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

guys, there has to be a reason cops pull you over. Cuz the thing is Im driving one of the flashiest rides in T.O. (not W. Van. but,,,) and i havent been pulled over a single time since i had my car which was a little over 5 months ago, and i drive and live right beside the main T.O. police stations and i see @ least 30 of them a day. All they do is they shake their head as they pass by. And to mention they can pull me over for @ least a million and one reasons, such as a loud exhaust, missing front plate, spoiler, lowered ride and to mention im a middle eastern looking guy, so i should be the first person they will pull over,,, :D :D
But after all some of em are still pigs.
Spydie

Post by Spydie »

if Steve Racine (aka Strac aka babybluemx3) could throw in his 2 cents about being pulled over. Talk about harrassment. You can't help but feel bad for him. (Quebec cops) I think it was 5 times in a month all for petty things.
Then in contrast I have yet to be pulled over for anything at all ,and my car with nitrous mounted right behind the front seats in the middle, no working horn, loud exhaust, total disreguard for speed limits, and road rage. :shrug:
http://members.cardomain.com/spydie
"So I said to my one legged wife, I said...'Peg', you're 'cut-off'."

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”