Punctured Tire!

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
GMGQ

Punctured Tire!

Post by GMGQ »

Argh, drove in to work this morning along 57th ave heading west, got to work, parked my car and got it, then I hear this loud HISSSSING sound. I immediately checked the driverside rear tire, and that's the source of the hissing. I look around it, and there's a freakin' pair of tweezers stuck to it! It was bent into a T shape, and one leg of it was jammed right into the tread! <p>I immediately yanked it out, but the hissing was still going. Then I rolled my car so that the hole area was on the bottom, and got my bottle of Inflate&Seal (from Canadian Tire). Pretty much used the whole bottle, and the hissing stopped, and the tire was inflated. I'll have to check it when I go for lunch, if it's still holding up, I'll get it patched/plugged after work. <p>Damn tweezers! The leg was like 3 inches long, and the handle is about 1cm thick!<p>Anyways, just thought I'd gripe. <steps down from the soap box>.
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
Soulflare

Re: Punctured Tire!

Post by Soulflare »

That must suck..happened to me b4 too on my way to school in Richmond.. but was a nail.... wonder who left the tweezers on the road... hope its patchable so u dont have to get new tire... good luck ^^
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

Finally got the tire fixed. Waited for like 80mins. First the guy wasn't there, then when he got there, he apologized and said this lady that showed up after me had an appointment, so I was like fine fine, no biggie. Then when he did my tire, and had a hard time finding where the puncture was. Said that inflate&seal stuff did a good job. But he also said that inflate&seal stuff was toxic and ate away at the tire, so he kept *****ing about it, and had to wash it off (but most of it didn't come off), so he started to scoop it out with his hands, then got a towel, etc. blah blah blah, didn't quite get it all off, but he proceeded to put a patch on it. <p>After that, he put the tire back on the rim. Before he took the tire off, he had marked off where the valve was and where the weight was. But after he put it back on, the nozzle was a bit off from where he marked it, so he used his fingers to measure approximately how off the valve was from his marking, and put the weight back on approximately the same distance from its mark :S Isn't he supposed to balance the tire properly after taking it off the rim? Even if it's the same tire??<p>Anyways, I didn't complain, and just gave him the $20 (even though when my wife called earlier in the day, they told her $10-15 max). Afterwards, he apologized and said he hoped he didn't bring me down with all his *****ing, blah blah blah. But with the wait, and hearing him btch so much, maybe I would take my business elsewhere.
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
Taras

Post by Taras »

YOu should take your business elsewhere, They shoudl rebalance the tire after taking it off the rim, especially after you had all that goo in there. Tire guys hate those seal cans.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”