Tour de Whistler 4

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Tour de Whistler 4

Post by MX-West Car Club »

September 13th, 2003 - Tour de Whistler 4<p>It's finally here! The long anticipated Tour de Whistler 4!! We have planned an overnight stay again this year. Anyone who wishes to come out for only a day trip is welcomed to come join us.
**Note: The Sea to Sky Highway is now under heavy construction in preparations for the 2010 Winter Olympics. The Sea to Sky is a really busy, windy road and has a history of lots of accidents. And although our previous trips were safe and organized, we had incidents of bad road manners and behaviour from some participants in previous TdW's. Driving along the Sea to Sky Hwy is a driving experience like no other, enjoy the day and savour the scenery. We ask that you be considerate to the other drivers on the road and drive safely at the same time. This trip is not a race to see who can get up to Whistler the quickest.<p>There's been a minor change to the accommodations. Unfortunately Chalet Alta Vista has been pre-booked for another event. Chalet Alta Vista was kind enough to recommend another Bed & Breakfast for our overnight stay. We will be staying at Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast Lodge. Please check out their website at www.whistlerinns.com/cedarsprings. We have already met with the owners and were give a tour of the lodge. After a lengthy discussion with the owners, we have booked September 13th, 2003 for the overnight stay at the Cedar Spring Bed & Breakfast Lodge.<p>*Cost of the overnight stay is $50 (CDN funds) per person. This cost also includes all taxes, gratuity and gourmet breakfast. BBQ dinner will be catered by Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast Lodge. Cost of dinner will be roughly around $10-15 per person. We will try to keep the cost of dinner at the same dollar amount per person as the last 2 years.<p>If you plan on staying overnight with us, please RSVP the name(s) of person(s) attending to me at mxwestcarclub@shaw.ca by July 29th, 2003. Limited number of rooms, reply ASAP!!! Please remit payment(s) by August 10th, 2003. If paying by cheque/money order draft, please make Payable to: Kevin Gee. *For all of you who are questioning this, we have not been able to set up a bank account for the club. Therefore we can not deposit/cash any cheques/money order drafts made payable to MX-West Car Club.<p>TdW 4 Itinerary
Saturday September 13th, 2003
9:00 am - Meet at McDonald's, 4410 Still Creek Drive Burnaby, BC V5C 6C6. If you need directions, goto Map Quest.
9:30 am - Depart for Whistler.
10:45 am - Pit Stop in Squamish.
11:45 am - Arrive at Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast Lodge to drop off Bags.
12:15/30 pm - Lunch in Whistler Village
1:30 pm - Sight seeing & Shopping.
3:00 pm - Meet at check point in Whistler Village. Head back to Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast Lodge - Check In.
4:00 - 6:00 pm - Afternoon Tea, coffee and cookies provided by Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast.
7:00 pm - BBQ Dinner & Dessert
8:00 pm - Kick back & Relax.
Sunday September 14th, 2003
9:00 am - Gourmet Breakfast
11:00 am-12 noon - Check Out.<p>If you have any question(s), feel free to PM or e-mail me at mxwestcarclub@shaw.ca .<p>Thank you
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
airjordon_09

Re: Tour de Whistler 4

Post by airjordon_09 »

depending on how the move goes , i might show up for a bit, haha<p>peace
J<p>[ July 22, 2003: Message edited by: airjordon_09 ]</p>
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
quandra

Post by quandra »

Kev,<p> I've decided to show up again this year. I'll be bringing a friend, I'm just not sure who yet. By then my car should be back to normal. I can't wait. Talk to you later.
Life is too short; drive fast
MX-West Car Club

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx-girl:
Kev,<p> I've decided to show up again this year. I'll be bringing a friend, I'm just not sure who yet. By then my car should be back to normal. I can't wait. Talk to you later.<hr></blockquote><p>If you plan on staying overnight with us, please RSVP the name(s) of person(s) attending to me at mxwestcarclub@shaw.ca by July 29th, 2003. <p>I will not be taking any RSVP's for the overnight stay through the forum. Everyone wishing to stay overnight must e-mail me their RSVP as stated above and on the original message.<p>Thank you
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

TdW 4 overnight stay RSVP deadline has come and gone.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
pizzamr2

Post by pizzamr2 »

hhhmmm...might be a good time to show off the gf freshly painted mx-3.<p>If she's up for driving all day...we might come.
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

If my company doesn't send me on on-site to michigan that weekend, I'll come for the sat.<p>I'm gonna see if I can bring my GF along too.<p>Be nice to meet some other MX-3 drivers.<p>I have a motorolla FRS and a cell phone, I'll bring both. I would suggest that people have FRS's. :) <p>There is a great sushi restaurant in whistler... I can't remember the name..but mmmmmmm it is good.<p>James Magnan
North Vancouver, BC
sapper

Post by sapper »

Hey james, Where in north van do you live? I'm in Deep Cove, and have only seen 3 or 4 mx-3's on the shore. Do you drive the teal 93 thats all done up on the inside?
I saw a street sign yesterday that said Caution! Children playing! so I slowed down. Then I thought Wait! I'm not afraid of children!
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Nah, I live around mid-lonsdale area (and park in underground parking).<p>I drive a black 96 GS. <p>As of next weekend you will be able to recognise it by the sticker in the window of sumomo from Chobits.
MX-West Car Club

TdW-4 Update<p>We are at full capacity for the overnight stay at Cedar Springs B&B Lodge. We have revised the TdW-4 Itinerary, please see below.<p>Anyone who missed out on the overnight stay RSVP deadline, there is another location Alpine Springs B&B that is just 5 minutes away from us (just around the corner). If you are still interested in staying overnight, you must make the arrangements yourself.<p>TdW 4 Itinerary
Saturday September 13th, 2003
9:00am - Meet at McDonald's, 4410 Still Creek Drive Burnaby, BC V5C 6C6. If you need directions, goto MapQuest.
9:30am - Depart for Whistler.
10:45am - Pit Stop in Squamish.
11:45am - Arrive at Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast Lodge to drop off Bags.
12:30pm - 3:00pm - Explore Whistler Village on your own. Go for lunch, sight seeing & shopping.
3:00pm - Meet at check point in Whistler Village. Head back to Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast Lodge - Check In.
4:00 - 6:00pm - Afternoon Tea, coffee and cookies provided by Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast.
7:00pm - Dinner at Caramba Restaurante
8:30pm - Back to B&B, kick back & relax!!! Or you can stay in Whistler Village.
9:00am - Gourmet Breakfast
11:00am - 12noon - Check Out.<p>Anyone interested in coming for just a day trip are welcomed to join us. <p>Yes, please bring an FRS radio with you. Borrow one from a friend or buy one cause they are selling pretty cheap these days. Preferably one with 14 channels and 38 sub-channels. I will e-mail everyone and post the channel and sub-channel frequency here a few days before the trip.<p>Thanks
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I'm gonna be there with my GF. We will be staying the night in the Listel Hotel though ($99/night plus taxes).<p>We'll see y'all on saturday mornin.
MX-West Car Club

Hey guys,

Tour de Whistler 4 is this Saturday September 13/03. We've made a slight change in the Itinerary, please review.

TdW 4 Itinerary
Saturday September 13th, 2003(some of the times are rough estimations)
9:00am - Meet at McDonald's, 4410 Still Creek Drive Burnaby, BC V5C 6C6. If you need directions, goto Map Quest.
9:30am - Depart for Whistler.
10:45am - Pit Stop in Squamish.
11:45am - Arrive at Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast Lodge to drop off Bags.
12:30pm - 3:00pm - Explore Whistler Village on your own. Go for lunch, sight seeing & shopping.
3:00pm - Meet at check point in Whistler Village. Head back to Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast Lodge - Check In.
3:30 - 5:30pm - Afternoon Tea, coffee and cookies provided by Cedar Springs Bed & Breakfast.
6:00pm - Dinner at Caramba Restaurante
8:30pm - Back to B&B, kick back & relax!!! Or you can stay in Whistler Village.
9:00am - Gourmet Breakfast
11:00am - 12noon - Check Out. <p>Anyone interested in coming for just a day trip are welcomed to join us. <p>Please set your FRS radio to Channel 7, Sub-Channel 10. Checking the weather report, it should be sunny this Saturday. But please dress accordingly to the weather and bring any extra clothes (i.e.: jacket, pants/sweats, sweatshirt, etc.) with you just in case as the weather can change at anytime. Don't forget to fill up your gas tank before you get to Micky D's in the morning when we meet up.<p>Thanks<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]</p>
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Pics from this year's TdW-4 will be up on our "Events" page sometime this week.

Thanks
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

The Whistler picks are now online.

Here's a quick link to the events section.
MX-West Site - Events Section
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Taras

Post by Taras »

Speaking of TdW4, Have you guys seen this?
Click on Dan's Mx'3
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”