Mini-Meet Nov. 10/02

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Mini-Meet Nov. 10/02

Post by MX-West Car Club »

As you all know we've been quiet and inactive for the past few months, well here we are coming to the end of another year. People have been asking if anything was happening with MX-West Car Club, so what better way to end the final 2 months of the year with a Mini-Meet next Sunday November 10/02 4 PM @ Metrotown Mall underground parking Level 2 by the Bay Department store. We don't know what the weather will be like that weekend, so we've decided to hold the meet in the underground parking. Come as you are, no need to wash the car unless you feel like it. =) I will be contacting the other Mazda clubs around town to see if they would be interest in coming out to meet with us. You can call this the pre-Mazda meet for next year. A few of us will probably go and grab something to eat after the meet, you are welcome to join us. :D
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
pizzamr2

Re: Mini-Meet Nov. 10/02

Post by pizzamr2 »

Could be interesting...<P>My gf can show off her mx-3
Taras

Post by Taras »

Hope we get a few people. Should be fun. I'll be there. ;)
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

If you and your gf are free this coming weekend, come on by.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
p5

Post by p5 »

Hey guys/girls,<P>I've posted a tread about the meet, and a few members are interested in meeting up together so far... <A HREF="http://www.mpsport.net/forums/read.php?TID=848" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mpsport.net/forums/read.php?TID=848</A> <BR>I'll keep you guys updated.<P>p5 <A HREF="http://www.mpsport.net" TARGET=_blank>www.mpsport.net</A> <BR> Image <P>this was our last meet we had...<BR> Image<p>[ November 04, 2002: Message edited by: p5 ]
MX-West Car Club

Hey P5, good to hear that some of you guys can make it out to the meet. Looking forward to meeting all of you and some of the guys from the MX-6 club as well. We'll have to brainstorm on putting a bigger Mazda Meet together in the summer.<p>[ November 05, 2002: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Quick little up date on the mini-meet this sunday. As you can see some of the Protege 5 club members will be there and I have received confirmation that the MX-6 club will be there as well. This might not end up being a mini-meet after all. :D
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
p5

Post by p5 »

*Update*<BR>How many of you are coming so far?<P>we have about 10 so far.<BR>1) Bieu - Digi168 <BR>2) Amish- Gujustud <BR>3) Soowei - placebo <BR>4) Kent - Whitezoomoom <BR>5) Simon - Fulminatus <BR>6) Dan and GF - FS DE Blue5 <BR>7) Eugene - p5 <BR>8) Patrick - carmaniac <BR>9) Arthur- Teddy5 <BR>10) Bojan and GF- makaveli <P>p5 <A HREF="http://www.mpsport.net" TARGET=_blank>www.mpsport.net</A> <BR> Image
MX-West Car Club

I know definitely 4 of us will be there, maybe 5 if our VP from the island decides to driving out or if he needs me to pick him up at the ferry terminal. We usually don't keep track of who will be showing up off hand. It's pretty much let everyone know there is a meet and then see how many show up. If we do road trips or go out for dinner and such, then we'll do a head count for reservations. I think we should have a good number, hopefully majority of our members will be there. I've sent a mass mail out to all the MX-3 owners on my mailing list about the meet. :)
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Shades

Post by Shades »

I do believe I will be attending. Unless I'm killed by a flying golf ball.<P>What about the Miata club?<P>Oh yeah, damn that's a lot of P5's!
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
MX-West Car Club

Bring a hard hat with you. :p <P>I haven't heard back from them yet. I'll e-mail their events co-ordinators again. Hopefully they will come out.<P>Definite good showing of P5's coming out.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Shades

Post by Shades »

Do you think we'll have mall sercurity on our butts?
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
MX-West Car Club

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> Do you think we'll have mall sercurity on our butts? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I can't say for sure, we're not doing anything wrong. Just meeting up with other people and talking. I can't see them kicking us out unless we cause a ruckus. We'll be in the far end of the underground parking away from everyone.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
pizzamr2

Post by pizzamr2 »

How was this meet?<P>We wern't able to make it, due to some **** head on Friday night.<P>Some loser cut off my gf going east bound on 41st (in between Victoria and Nanaimo streets)<BR>well she couldn't pull left or else she'll hit someone, and if she slamed on her brakes she would have hit em, so she pulled right, smacked the curb, and riped her tire.<P>end damage, she'll need a new tire, and her right side of the kit is ****ed.<P>but oh well, it's fibreglass and hasn't been painted, so it's all good =)
MX-West Car Club

Sorry to hear that. I hate bad a$$ drivers like that. :D There were at least 25 Mazdas there last night. Nice to finally meet them and got some ideas from them as well.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”