What do you mx-3 owners think?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
pizzamr2

What do you mx-3 owners think?

Post by pizzamr2 »

Found one with an asking price of $9000<P>94 GS...<BR>81,000 clicks..<P>only problem..we just found that it's been in 3 accidents..<BR>-roughly $400 repair<BR>-no repairs, just been reported<BR>-$2600 repair...<P><BR>We still like the car and the asking price should be a lot lower...what do you think it should be?<P>Car will be checked by bcaa as well...<P>pizzamr2@hotmail.com<P>thanks
Paragon

Re: What do you mx-3 owners think?

Post by Paragon »

$9000?? wow, that is way too high...i saw a beautiful 93 SE, one owner, 60k, go for 3500 around here...i paid 1500 for my 92 RS...you could buy 6 of those for that price!
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Even though its got 81K clicks on it, $9K is pretty steep for a car thats been in 3 accidents. Subtract the cost for the repairs and give them that offer.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
pizzamr2

Post by pizzamr2 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG>$9000?? wow, that is way too high...i saw a beautiful 93 SE, one owner, 60k, go for 3500 around here...i paid 1500 for my 92 RS...you could buy 6 of those for that price!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>oh hey, you got to take in consideration that I live in BC, and prices here are in Canadian dollars..plus we're on the westcoast, so snow and salt isn't high, like in the Eastern part.
pizzamr2

Post by pizzamr2 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-West Car Club:<BR><STRONG>Even though its got 81K clicks on it, $9K is pretty steep for a car thats been in 3 accidents. Subtract the cost for the repairs and give them that offer.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey kevin, <BR>that one you sent me...the one in Victoria, they want $10,000..for a 92 61000kms and it had 1 minor fender bender ($350)...i thought it was too much, what do you think?<BR>It is well kept, but it still a 92.<P>Most of the mx-3 we seen are crap..either priced TOO high, or it sounds good, but its' a rebuilt...
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Hey Ray,<P>The one over in Vic is a little high for a 92, but look at the mileage on the car. It hasn't seen the dark side yet, the engine is pretty much in mint condition. Unless the owner ran the carp out of it or a rebuilt. Its also a local car, so you know there won't be much rust on it.<P>BTW there's a white GS with the Erebuni fish mouth kit on it in the downtown area. Don't buy this one, its been in a rear-end accident and its not fixed properly. We looked at this one when we were looking for an MX-3 for a friend. Really frigging bad workmanship. :(
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
scofflaw

Post by scofflaw »

I just bought (yesterday) a '93 GS SE. Black, leather, etc.<P>Needs 2 tires and a good cleaning. Mechanic says all is tickty-boo. Paid $6500.00 in Victoria.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

I'm not sure but all the GS' around here in Calgary are really expensive. '94 GS would be around 10,000 - 12,000 out here; and that's with around $150,000. They only time I've seen them for less is if something is seriously wrong with them. I paid $15,000 for mine a year ago. Really sucked but the car was in mint condition. I should have went to Vancouver to buy one.<P> If you really want to get that car, you better make sure the frame is still in proper alignment. Even the slightest accident can throw that off. I think if it's been in that many accidents, the car probably had the piss drove out it. The price is a bit to high for that.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
sean_hibbitts

Post by sean_hibbitts »

Oh ya thats way too high of a price for some reason MX3's are overpriced along with most other Imports in vancouver<P>Teal 1994 Mazda MX3 RS :D
1994 Mazda MX3
Calling all my Cidia's too the east and the west
Taras

Post by Taras »

Man, <P>Cars in Victoria are higher priced than ones in Vancouver. I am in Vic and went to Van to buy mine. It of course depends what do you want out of it. Are you gonna change engine, repaint, change interior or keep bone stock. Why would you buy a 60k on the tap car if you are gonna swap. Same goes for paint. I think accidents ar more important. Not gonna swap or repaint that if your frame is caput. Of course swapping the engine on 200k km car will not fix your bushings, creaks, tranny, brakes and accessories problems, because they are 200k old too. In Victoria, you can pick up mint cars, because grannies maintained them, garaged them and drove them to church on sunday. But car also needs to be driven, so if it is 92 with 60k on the clock, it is probably still will need a lot of work because it was not driven and all of the bushings and seals dried out, etc. Plus it is better to get 120k well maintained vs 60k beat up. Choose carefully, there is a lot of choice.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”