RCMP hit by alleged street racer.

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
EBUCKS

RCMP hit by alleged street racer.

Post by EBUCKS »

This is part of the article that I read:<P>Constable Ng, 31, died after his cruiser was broadsided at an intersection in suburban Richmond, B.C., early last Sunday morning.<P>But I heard something like BC police are now cracking down heavily on any modified cars. And they tow your car if they feel that it is of race quality. Is this true?<P>one
MX-West Car Club

Re: RCMP hit by alleged street racer.

Post by MX-West Car Club »

A brain dead DAMF 20 year old kid took the life of an RCMP officer. The street racer ran a red light and broadsided the Police cruiser at an estimated speed of 140 -180 km/h pushing both cars into the Petro-Can gas station lot in the early morning last sunday. The second driver behind him stopped, picked him up and fled the scene of the accident. I'm sick of hearing of these punk @$$ street racers getting into accidents and giving us good guys with modified cars a bad rap. :mad: I hope they throw the book at him and his accomplice, life without parole. It maybe harsh but something has to be done to curb this carp. :mad: :mad: <P>Crack down modified cars have been heavy down in Richmond for a while now. The police can basically pull you over and look over the car. They will do some test like make you rev your engine and stand at the back your car by the exhaust with a hand held decible meter to see how loud your exhaust is. Check to see if you tires are rubbing again the wheel-well on lowered cars, etc... They have the right to impound car, give you a reinspection ticket or fine you. If you are caught street racing, your license can be suspended up to 3 years and car insurance is revoked. If you cause an accident street racing like this incident, basically your life is over.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”