Tour de Whistler 3 - September 14, 2002

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Tour de Whistler 3 - September 14, 2002

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Tour de Whistler 3 is back with vengence on Saturday Sept. 14th, 2002. MX-West Car Club's 3rd annual event cruise from Vancouver, BC to Whistler, BC. Meet 8 AM at McDonalds 4410 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC (corner of Willingdon Avenue & Still Creek Drive). We leave McDonalds for Whistler at 9 AM. We will make a Pit Stop at Porteau Cove along the way.<P>MX-West Car Club will be booking with Alta Vista Chalet Bed & Breakfast again this year for anyone wishing to stay overnight with us. Your choice of day or overnight trip. <B>Please RSVP mxwestcarclub@shaw.ca by August 21st, 2002 if you will be staying overnight and the number of guest(s) you will be bringing with you</B>. <P>Thanks :D :D
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Tour de Whistler 3 - September 14, 2002

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-West Car Club:<BR><STRONG>Tour de Whistler 3 is back with vengence on Saturday Sept. 14th, 2002. MX-West Car Club's 3rd annual event cruise from Vancouver, BC to Whistler, BC. Meet 8 AM at McDonalds 4410 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC (corner of Willingdon Avenue & Still Creek Drive). We leave McDonalds for Whistler at 9 AM. We will make a Pit Stop at Porteau Cove along the way.<P>MX-West Car Club will be booking with Alta Vista Chalet Bed & Breakfast again this year for anyone wishing to stay overnight with us. Your choice of day or overnight trip. <B>Please RSVP mxwestcarclub@shaw.ca by August 21st, 2002 if you will be staying overnight and the number of guest(s) you will be bringing with you</B>. <P>Thanks :D :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> Sounds like fun! Maybe by that time I will have a chance to clean my car ;)
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MX-West Car Club

A clean car would be nice. :p We've already started preparations for Tour de Whistler 3 and there's no stopping us now. If you managed to get a chance to look at last year's pics of how much fun we had, times that by 2 for this year. There will be a scavenger hunt again (this time made up by Brian and Anjulie), alot of special watermelon, a few other goodies and not to mention the unforgettable infamous cow pic. :eek:
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Rooms are filling fast, so if you are planning to stay overnight with us please RSVP mxwestcarclub@shaw.ca ASAP to reserve a room. RSVP deadline is August 21st, 2002. Please let us know the number of guest(s) you will be bringing with you if you are staying overnight, we will need to arrange which room you will be staying in at the Chalet. <P>Thank you
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

We have extended the overnight stay RSVP date to this saturday Aug. 31/02. If any of you are still interested in staying overnight with us, please forward your RSVP to us. <P>All MX-West Car Club events are open to members and non-members. Come join us for day of fun. :) :)
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

We have made a minor time change to the Whistler trip.<P>Tour de Whistler 3 is 2 weeks away on Saturday Sept. 14th, 2002. MX-West Car Club's 3rd annual event cruise from Vancouver, BC to Whistler, BC. Meet 8:30 AM at McDonalds 4410 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC (corner of Willingdon Avenue & Still Creek Drive). We leave McDonalds for Whistler at 9:30 AM. We will make a Pit Stop at Porteau Cove along the way. Lunch at Earl's Restaurant in Whistler Village, Scavenger Hunt with prizes for top 3 teams, BBQ dinner at the chalet.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
MX-West Car Club

Hey guys,<P>Just a friendly reminder that "Tour de Whistler 3" is 4 days away. Saturday Sept. 14th, 2002. MX-West Car Club's 3rd annual event cruise from Vancouver, BC to Whistler, BC. Meet 8:30 AM at McDonalds 4410 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC (corner of Willingdon Avenue & Still Creek Drive). We leave McDonalds for Whistler at 9:30 AM. We will make a Pit Stop at Porteau Cove along the way. Lunch at Earl's Restaurant in Whistler Village, Scavenger Hunt with prizes for top 3 teams, prize for best pic with the infamuos cow, BBQ dinner at the chalet. <P>Please bring an FRS Radio with you tuned to Channel:12 Sub Channel:26. If you do not have one, borrow one from a friend if you can or buy one, use it for the trip and then return it. Costco has a pair of Cobra FRS radios on sale. Anyone who has extra FRS Radios, please bring them if you can.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
pizzamr2

Post by pizzamr2 »

Hi,<BR>I currently do not own a mx-3, but my gf and I would like to attend the meet at 8am.<P>Just to see the cars. She's currently into them and wants to get one. But first she wouldn't mind looking at a few.<P>Would your club mind if we stoped by?<P>Well if no reply here, then we'll stop by in my blue mr2.<P>btw. I'm also on revscene.net
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Hey there pizza. I don't think anyone will mind on-lookers showing up before we head out (we tend to attract crowds hehe).<P>Feel free to check us (and our rides) out. Trust me, we've got some really cool MX-3's in our club (yes this is a selling pitch for your g/f hehe). We've also got a newly-restored 98 626 (my baby), just in case you're interested in that sort of car :D
Edison Wrzosek<BR>Webmaster<BR>MX-West Car Club<BR>http://mxwest.tripod.com/
MX-West Car Club

Hey pizza, definitely come on by with your gf and check out our rides. :D Also check out the pics on our web site at <A HREF="http://mxwest.tripod.com" TARGET=_blank>MX-West Car Club</A> <P>BTW the meeting time has been pushed back a bit to 8:30 AM. One of our members is heading over from the island on the 7 AM ferry and won't get in till 8:30 AM. Stupid ferry system, they should of built a bridge from here to island instead of the one back east. :mad: See ya saturday.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Shades

Post by Shades »

Sad to say I won't make it out this year... I really wanted to take the drive. I have to work in the evening. Stupid work... who needs to work anyways!
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
-=MagMan=-

Post by -=MagMan=- »

Hey Shades. Man, I HATE IT when that s--- crops up, don't you? Well, knowing all the guys, we'll undoubtedly be taking lots of pics and vids from the trip :D<P>As for myself, my car has gotten a 5-star detailing for this years trip (and no I'm not exacurating). Just like Charles & Nicole McKaig's MX-3, you can eat of my baby! :D Just look for the bright gold beacon pulling in tomorrow. BTW, if you guys will need some extra storage space for your belongings, keep in mind that the 626 has a large trunk, and me and my g/f are packing light so we'll have plenty of room left over.
Edison Wrzosek<BR>Webmaster<BR>MX-West Car Club<BR>http://mxwest.tripod.com/

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”