Bodyshop etc?

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Doug93MX3

Bodyshop etc?

Post by Doug93MX3 »

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a shop that could hook me up with a kit and do the install/paint and maybe some bodywork on my MX-3 RS in vancouver/lower mainland area???<P>doug
Doug93MX3

Re: Bodyshop etc?

Post by Doug93MX3 »

noone has any info on a good shop?<P>my dad backed his pathfinder up into my precidia and my fender is all fucked... so if anyone could give me any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Hey Doug, you've got to patient with this forum. Not all questions can be answered right away. Everyone will slowly give you their input.<P>Depending on what type of body kit your looking for you can try Boom Plus Toys in Van, they can get the Erebuni kit. I don't know of any perfromance shops carrying the FX Designs kit. You can only get the CS MS style front bumper and Mazdaspeed front bumper from Cork Sport in Portland, OR. Most performance shops won't do body work for you, they will only get the body kit painted and then install it for you. Your best bet is to buy the kit from the performance shop and take it to a body shop to get everything done at once. See if the body shop would do cash deals or not, especially with the independantly owned ones. There's so many shops out there, its hard to say but I've dealt with Starlite Autobody in BBY and recently with Dams Ford. I was in a fender bender about a month and a half ago. Cracked my front bumper and they re-fibre glassed it. The bodyman at Dams Ford did an awesome job. It looks brand new again, can't even tell that I was ever in an accident.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Doug93MX3

Post by Doug93MX3 »

thx man<P>just the kind of info i was interested in... if anyone else has any input, let me know...<P>thx again dude, if i can i will try and make it too the mx3 meet... pound out some nice bass for ya people.
MX-West Car Club

Not a prob, man. This is why we're all here and why we love our MX-3's. :)
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Mx3Mazda

Post by Mx3Mazda »

i got an idea.. make daddy pay for it :D
Doug93MX3

Post by Doug93MX3 »

daddy is a jobless bum.... :( <P>does anyone know if there is a place in vancouver that can get me the gforce body kit?<P>or, if not, does anyone know where i can get the kit from? do you order it from gforce? im just curious cause its a pain calling gforce during the day for me because of the time difference... I have also read about problems with shipping on the group buy as well as people who buy direct from this company... any info??<p>[ May 28, 2002: Message edited by: Doug93MX3 ]
MX-West Car Club

No idea man, you'll have to call the performance shops around town to see if they can get the g-force kit. Try Overseas Auto, Driver's Edge, Team Works, A2(I was told they either closed, changed names or something to that nature). I'll have to call one of our members to find out exactly what it was. Definately stay away from shops like AJ Racing, Rev or most of the shops in Richmond. They are geared more towards the Honda market and won't even give you the time of day. :roll: :roll: You should also try e-mailing g-force to see if they have a distributor/dealer out here if you can't get a hold of them by phone.<p>[ May 28, 2002: Message edited by: MX-West Car Club ]
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Doug93MX3

Post by Doug93MX3 »

tried phoneing gforce, long distance, didnt get through.. left a message, but i doubt they will return it long distance back.<P>I cant find an address for email on gforce's website though???
MX-West Car Club

That sucks man. You'd figure if a company has a website, they should at least have e-mail as well. :(
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”