How Much should I ask???

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Green92MX3

How Much should I ask???

Post by Green92MX3 »

Hey guys, I am thinking of selling my 1992 Mazda mx-3. I know you cant give an accurate price to ask cause u cant see what its like but, what do u think.

1992 Mazda MX-3 Gs with 330,000km's on the body. New GS motor w/ new clutch, timing belt pulleys and belt was installed this summer w/ 65,000kms on it as of now. New brakes/rotors last summer. Power windows and locks. One small spot of rust, other than that whole body is ver clean. One Ding on front right hand fender, and skratch on the driver side right behind the door very low. In New Motor, Mobile one synthetic always used. only 5000kms on the new motor. Other than that the car is tight, and pretty sound. The only thing i can think of is, the shock hoods are noisy, but does not hinder anything.
I would like to get 3000$ cdn for it..is that unrealistic? What Do u guys think???

Thanks alot..

Mat
rayrrod

Re: How Much should I ask???

Post by rayrrod »

Sellers always ask too much for them
and
buyers always offer too little for them..
guess thats life.

look at the other posts, seems we have had so many rides sold this year. you can get a feel for what ppl are asking. That does not mean that thats what they are worth. thats the starting price.

also notice that sooner or later,most sellers will reduce the price.

most sellers have put so much time, monies, etc onto their cars that they do not realize that their cars are not worth what they ask for them.
guess its being too close to the trees to notice the forest thingy

one thing is certain, MOST any car 10 years and older, well, its not worth very much, no matter how GOOD it looks. There are exceptions.

Yes they are like new or better than new, look great, run great, have be pampered, etc but still not worth much... money wise. yes, they are worth the world to most of us that pamper them. they become like part of us.

IF the car is so great, then why are ppl selling them. Something is going on.. for most of us to be selling them and moving on.

Remember, the mods one makes might not be the ones the buyer wants, ie the seller thinks thoes mods make the car better while the buyer thinks those mods make the car suck, Go figure.

Remember most buyers do not have all the cash so if one asks 10,000, like someone did in another post, who can come up with that much cash up front?

They have to finance it and no bank will loan that much for a car 10 years old. heck most banks will not loan monies on most car 10 years old.

also most ppl buying MX-3s this old are mostly young men. You know how much insurance costs young men nowdays?

IN my younger days, one did not need insurance so it cost a lot less back then to buy a car.

This is my way of thinking and it could be wrong.
think of the price you want to get.
THEN CUT IT IN HALF..NOW YOU ARE IN THE BALLPART, BUT MIGHT STILL BE TOO HIGH.
hey i am a buyer, not a seller.
so you want 3000, cut it in half.

<small>[ November 10, 2004, 10:28 AM: Message edited by: Myardor ]</small>
Ainu69

Post by Ainu69 »

You can get a new engine or slightly used for the mx3 for around 400-600 canadian so i think the price is a bit high, i would get the cv joint/axel/shocks/brakes checked those are important with a car with 330,000 km. Bring it in and get it looked at, but you could go lower then 3000, i would think around 2200-2500 depending on how the check goes.

Chris
10-4
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

For a Base 92' MX-3 GS in the states.

Kelly's Blue book says about $1700 - $2000 for a private sale. If it was a trade-in you'll probably get $1000.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

be prepared for the dreaded "was it driven in winter" question as ontario/quebec winters are HARD on cars and underside parts (expecially with salt on the roads).

On the west coast we don't have to deal with that so prices tend to be higher.

I think you can get $2000 out of it realisticly. but why not start at 3200 or so and see what happens. you can always go down, can't go up.
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Around here, Mx's go for alot more than there. When I was desperate for a new car (right0 after RS wreck) I found only one GS. Best I could talk the dude down to was $3K. It not exactly mint either... :shrug:
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Yeah, in vancouver, BC MX-3s go for a LOT more than that.

Mine cost me 9k (but in all fairness was a 96 GS with only 80k KMs on it, pristine condition)
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Here in Cali, prices are higher. People ask $3,000 for GS's and RS's(go figure?) Here, your car is worth $2,000-2,500. $3.000 is the miles is lower than 150,000. It's basically the demand. If yours is the only GS in the paper, than your going to sell it easier than if your competing with 4 or 5.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”