newb track racing question

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
koreanmx-er

newb track racing question

Post by koreanmx-er »

i was wondering if running the 1/4 in my stock gs is a good idea, i have just hit 100,000 miles , engine runs smooth no ticking, brand new axles, new tires, could doing this do any damage to my car? jw......with my cat back and cai i hope to at least get into the 17's any replys would be greatly appreciated
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
Phat93Mx3

Re: newb track racing question

Post by Phat93Mx3 »

I live like 10 mins from VMP (a drag strip) and have only ran once...Given I didn't try to explode outta "the hole" and drove rather responsibly, I would say that it wouldn't hurt it much unless you try to make it do something it's not capable of doing...I work with chassis dynos everyday and you can hook it up to one and have several results posted in a safe environment...(whp & torque curves, est 0-60 and 1/4 mile times as well) Normally like $100.00 for three "pulls" (to achieve consistency) :2thumbsup:
PHRASE "The Fast and the Furious" equals "The Slow and the Silly"

TERM "Sleeper" equals your a$$ just got handed to you... =)
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

You hiring Phat? :)
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

thx for the reply, anyone else strip racing this spring for there first time? :2thumbsup:
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

it will be fine, most kids would run the piss out of that car all day anyway
13.023 @ 105 mph
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

sweet thx that just what i wanted to hear from a veteran
UoMDeacon

Post by UoMDeacon »

Yeah, I was just about to post the same question. I'm thinking of running my completely stock GS sometime this spring just to see what times I can get. I've got 88k miles on her, so hopefully nothing will blow up in my face ;)

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”