Don't Street Race

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Franko
Supporting Member

Don't Street Race

Post by Franko »

Thats it.. just don't do it..

If someone is next to you at a light wanting to try and take you in their 92 cavalier just rev on him to get him all fired up and then if he decides to bring it to the point of taking off just sit there and make him look like a jackass.. Works every time.

Remember, Don't street race unless it is under controlled conditions.. like if your on the deck of an aircraft carrier and decide to race a f-15 as it takes off.. it will all be fun and games until you get to the end.. I have never heard of anyone fishing a modded mx-3 off the bottom of the atlantic.

Good luck with that. :D
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Don't Street Race

Post by Custommx3 »

Thats why Street racing discussions are against the rules, and therefore deleted.

<small>[ February 06, 2004, 09:14 AM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Yeah I know... I was reading a couple of posts about it and just decided to say it.. :)
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
13flat

Post by 13flat »

If someone is next to you at a light wanting to try and take you in their 92 cavalier just rev on him to get him all fired up and then if he decides to bring it to the point of taking off just sit there and make him look like a jackass.. Works every time.
thats great stuff...did that once to a guy in a civic....the ricer sped off and i gingerly rolled out and slowly accelerated to stay on the road i was laughing so hard.
Goal: 1/4 mile time of 13.099 or better, N/A. ...still in the works

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ittfund
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Yeah... let him get arrested ;)
13flat

Post by 13flat »

what are the laws up there in canada? i mean, in some states it's illegal to "aggressivly accelerate" even if you follow the speed limit, you can get pulled over for going 0-*posted speed limit, in 5 seconds. are there any such laws?

besides that law, you'll get pulled over here if you just look like youre gunna race someone, at least in my area....especially around the schools, the cops are vultures!
Goal: 1/4 mile time of 13.099 or better, N/A. ...still in the works

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?ittfund
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Originally posted by 13flat:
what are the laws up there in canada? i mean, in some states it's illegal to "aggressivly accelerate" even if you follow the speed limit, you can get pulled over for going 0-*posted speed limit, in 5 seconds. are there any such laws?

besides that law, you'll get pulled over here if you just look like youre gunna race someone, at least in my area....especially around the schools, the cops are vultures!
Most areas have laws that they can pull you over for just about anything. The majority of officers just dont exercise them.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Cop Pulls you over:
"Yeah uh, you got a problem with your tail light there.. started blinking when you made that left turn."

<small>[ February 07, 2004, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: Franko ]</small>
bulldog131775

Post by bulldog131775 »

what is everyones prob with street racing anyway its always happened and always will I dont think people should be hassled for having fun
:driver:
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

I dont want to start a war here at all, but your fun, might be someone else's death. Take it to the track.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
FlyingMXer

Post by FlyingMXer »

NOT trying to be rude or anything, just pointing out that you wouldn't race an F-15 off of a carrier considering it is an Air Force jet, not a Navy. Though you still wouldn't have much luck against an F-14 or F-18. And the reason everyone hassels street racing is because it KILLS people. Stupid does not always equal fun.

Later, D
Later, D
92 4-banger (totaled unfortunately. Current ride is 2001 Mustang GT)
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Heh.. I know nothing about jets.. youre lucky that it wasent a model of a dishwasher or something that I said :D .

Ahhhhh streetracing.. the eternal arguement

Street: Abbr. St. A public way or thoroughfare in a city or town, usually with a sidewalk or sidewalks.

Racing: n : the sport of engaging in contests of speed, A series of such competitions held at a specified time on a regular course.
bulldog131775

Post by bulldog131775 »

eating kills people to but you dont tell them to stop. everyone risks dying every day when its your time to go its your time to go
FlyingMXer

Post by FlyingMXer »

Yeah eating may kill people, but if you eat yourself to death that is your decision and your problem, go ahead if you want :2thumbsup: . Eating however, does not kill innocent bystanders. Yeah, racing is fun, I am sure everyone on the boards will agree with that. But there is a time and place for everything.
Later, D
92 4-banger (totaled unfortunately. Current ride is 2001 Mustang GT)

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”