Dash Transfer

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
VizualXTC

Dash Transfer

Post by VizualXTC »

OK, My question is will the dashboard off a 1994 or a 1995 transfer to the 1992? I like the style of the 1994 dash, and would like it on my 1992. Thanks Image
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Bbqman218

Re: Dash Transfer

Post by Bbqman218 »

Yes the new models will, BUT! it is very costly, for you would need the new dash which runs around $125 from salvage, then the reinforcement beam that the dash bolts down on, the ac/ducts, and a steering column from 94-96 because upper half has different bolting setups. The glove box is different and the console from in front of the e-brake up is differnet too. Then you would still need to get Airbags to fill in the holes in the dash, unless you find a 94-96 model without the option, which is a Hard FInd. The Airbags still wouldnt work because you would need the sensors and brain for the bags. They do have companys that make Airbag COvers, which would fill in the holes and look like airbags But they are only dummies. The conversion is NOT Recommended.
VizualXTC

Re: Dash Transfer

Post by VizualXTC »

Thanks
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”