Rear Wheel Drive

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
DB007

Rear Wheel Drive

Post by DB007 »

Last year I saw a Honda Pralude Rear wheel Drive in LA. Has any one converted a MX3 that you know of? That is the only complaint I have is the FWD part of my MX3.
torpedan

Re: Rear Wheel Drive

Post by torpedan »

Not that i know of. The body would have to be insanely cut to hell.

Your better off making a tube gram body and manufacturing a whole car around it.
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

It can be done. Route the exhaust out the side, then the drive shaft can be run down the middle. Remove the gas tank and cut out the tire well. Custom suspension, tube frame the front.....etc...

Yeah, pretty much....just chop that Bit@! up REAL good!!! :freak: :welder:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
mxer4eva

Post by mxer4eva »

Honestly your best bet would be, if you have a 4 banger, is to convert the car to all wheel drive. The 323 gtx, which we share our chassis with is an all wheel drive b-series powered car. The good thing is that they are available in the states so getting all the parts wouldnt be all that expensive, then you would have to do alot of the same things as going rear wheel drive. Get a fuel cell, remove the gas tank and you will probably have to have some custom fabrication for the suspension. But no custom front end though.

On a side note, i know that the majority of this board will say that its way to hard to go all wheel drive, but looking at the Corrado VR6 community they convert their cars to "syncro" (vw all wheeldrive system) using the tranny from a four cyclinder and some custom work in the back, but on average they can get it done for about 3500 bucks. :shrug: and thats using overpriced Vee Dub parts too.
1993 GSR - Black with CS Mazdaspeed style front and sides skirts, KLDE and a bunch of other mods. Patiently awaiting a T3Super60, intercooler,MSnS and a custom fuel rail.
1993 VW Corrado SLC- completely stock. (May she R.I.P)
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

this has been talked about , search it for lots more info.
13.023 @ 105 mph
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

Marcos Acosta's Rotary MX-3 Dragster (Drag Strip)
Movie File Featuring Marcos Acosta's MX-3 At The Strip:
http://www.mx-3.com/downloads/mx3_drag.zip
Magazine Articles Featuring Marcos Acosta's Rotary MX-3:

rear wheel drive mx

<small>[ January 08, 2004, 10:55 AM: Message edited by: monty73741 ]</small>
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

marcus no drivey so good
13.023 @ 105 mph
tical

Post by tical »

my dads redoin his 79' Z28, and has an extra rear sittin in the garage. i was acually thinkin of puttin a 350 in the mx and make it rwd. all you need is the k frame from a muscle car, then weld it in and the 350 bolts right in...
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

'Sport compact' just had an article about a dude that just finished the old school Chev smallblock swap on an old Z-car.
No Sig
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Originally posted by tical:
my dads redoin his 79' Z28, and has an extra rear sittin in the garage. i was acually thinkin of puttin a 350 in the mx and make it rwd. all you need is the k frame from a muscle car, then weld it in and the 350 bolts right in...
yah i looked into it as well, but i was going to go 5.0 mustang aluminum block. i was going to do a weld in tubular frame. but i got thinking about the hole import thing and i needed to keep an import an import, even though Ford and Mazda are the same.
it wouldent actually be too dificult to do, just alot of time and money, hooking up would be an issue too. full independent and full posie rear. it would be sweet though to have that nice V8 sound gurgling threw the exaust. no one would ever expect it coming.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I thought about it too but if you look under your car, you will see that your steering set up is in the way of where the drive line would have to go. Which means you would probaly have to raise your car. Which is ugly :p
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”