Cheers!...

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
UnkleDuke

Cheers!...

Post by UnkleDuke »

Cheers to Barry and Jarid, and kudos to Jeff for putting up with crap, and you all know why if you've been reading reading around.
If you want to drive, go to a track, if you want to 'race' play project gotham II.
Here's why 'NO...
1. Illegality..."Careless" or "Dangerous" driving charges (in Canada anyway)
2. faulty parts can't be trusted (how many cars on the road are unsafe?)
3. tracks employ safety staff, and contain onlookers in a position to extracate
4. you may 'think' you're a good driver, go to a racing camp, take lessons, and learn otherwise.............................................
5. you may 'think' you're a good driver, but you can't bet on the "OTHER GUY"...Is he drunk (like the guy that hit my girlfriend, amputated half her hand and killed her friend), high on smoke or dope, greedy or stupid, etc...........
6. Is your car the 'tuner' that you thought it had become? or did you Just make it by cutting any costs, details etc...
7. You believe that the 'mild steel headers' or 'head unit' that you put in will give you at least enough School or Juice to smoke some "Honduh" at some stop-light---somewhere.
9.Draws unwanted attention from cops. Unwanted not because anyone is racing, but because it's a pain in the a$$ to be followed for no reason, and because some people want to do some serious tuning for the track, without hassles of fines and disassembly (Cali only methinks).
8.The list goes on.& on...& on.....& on........

Here's the truth!
You want to do it, no-one can stop you but the cops or a solid "obstacle".
Admission: Yes, almost All of us want, or do race through some lights or whatever to get passed some dangerous jerk-off, someone swerving or driving "cautiously (dangerously)" slow. But this isn't limited to 'compacts' or 'imports', this may be done by the 60 year old man driving a 200+hp rear wheel Caddy, which can require a hell of a lot more skill to control under weather conditions, etc... to control than a front drive "tuner"...Hell, I've been in the car with my Dad (BTW I'm closing in on 30yrs old) when he's going 120 kph plus, sideways through a couple inches of slush and snow to avoid a pileup.

The moral of the story is...You FuKKing won't brag about dangrous crap on this site This site promotes knowledge, not idiocy.
If you think you're good enough, race a damn cow on a country road, not a kid in a school zone.
Jeff doesn't want it, I personally don't care for it, and I think it's pretty obvious that the majority of the members don't want to hear any more crap about it.
If you're 'ride' or whatever is hot, go and find yourself a 'Toretto' to race with and leave this site to people who want answers to questions.
No Sig
acid_mx3

Re: Cheers!...

Post by acid_mx3 »

well said man couldn't agree with you more
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

True true, but what makes me mad are those people in the minivans doing 90 on the highway, ever notice that? But yeah, what Jeff says, goes. End of story.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

WAit what if i havent finished fabricating my mild steel header yet?!?!

nice btw ;)
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

Haha...If you haven't yet finished your headers, then you still have time to plumb in some tornadoes to create a vortex effect that will increase the flow and efficiency of your exhaust stream also creating a vacuum to completely draw burnt fumes during the exhaust stroke and decrease engine temps thus allowing hotter runs...

Really, sorry if I went overboard.

Cheers and Happy holidays (Christmas, Xmas, Kwanza, Honakuh, Festivus, etc...)
No Sig
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

if you wanna talk street racing just go to civicsi.com, or some other, I obey board rules, so I think everyone else supposed to.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

BTW...In the 'spirit' (Budwieser or scotch preferably) I would like to give it up for a few members who seem to excel at helping others to realize and learn. This may be cheesy, and this list will probably grow, but why not give 'Props' (as the kids say, now that I've revealed my age) to the members that take time, likely from busy schedules and whatever, to bestow knowledge unto others (even I'm making me sick, Haha). Maybe I should ask Jeff to have a Member of the Year...Haha. And the list of members most likely to "Gte The Job Done" is:
Of the top of my head (and don't get pissed if you're name isn't here...yet), I'd like to give props to Jeff (obvious), Custommx3, Gro Harlem, AtlantaMX3, Maldo, CJThor, Torpedan and (insert name here).
Anyone who wants to do the same, please do.

Cheers.
No Sig
UnkleDuke

Post by UnkleDuke »

FYI...there will be aChampaigne and black tie awards banquet..Please RSVP...
The winners will receive gold spray painted timing belts to hang arouand their necks. However, due to variance in engine modifications, we will need the the recipients to send a self-addressed stamped envelope containing their engine specs to the Award HQ...HAHA

Again. Cheers.
No Sig

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”