dissapointing night at strip

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
mazdamxstyle

dissapointing night at strip

Post by mazdamxstyle »

:( I thought I could hit high 15's with my k8. Guess I was wrong my best time was 16.400. I might be able to hit 16.1 if I got a good RT (my best was .994 I couldnt start to save my life. Plus I hop so much when I start even when Im dumping at 5k rpms. I need a smooth start. Also shifting at 7500 rpms and 7000 rpms didnt make a noticable difference in times. I guess I really need a kl03 now so I can feel a lot better. But at least my car was one of the nicer cars there. Im curious how (forgot which guy) on these message boards ran a 15.8 something with the k8 with less mods than me, guess my engine has just lost a lot of hp or something. I use slick 50 engine treatment though. O well Ill quit my whining thanks for checking it out! Gonna start my look for a kl03 tomorrow I think
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
Hex3

Re: dissapointing night at strip

Post by Hex3 »

I dont know but i just wanted to give u a heads up the RT doesnt have anything to do with your 1/4 mile! They just put it on there so u know how fast u react, but as far as doing anything to increase or decrease your 1/4 it doesnt effect it. The think that matters the most is your start, which is the first 60' thats what really helps it should be somewhere at 2.0-2.2. if u get to the track dont go in the water pass it, then do a really good burn out( really good now) crack your window like and inch u will hear your tires sound like u just rold through some glue. Then get to the line and launch at 2500 i bet that u will improve like .3 of a sec. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
2.5 KL-ZE, BBS rims, I the front i have to falkin Azenis, Intrax Springs, CM Stage 1 clutch, and Fidanza flywheel, Pacesetter short shifter, Tociko Blue Struts, Sparco Steering Wheel, Yellow Top Battery
Alpine Type R Subs 10's, Alpine 2 Channel Amp, Alpine 4 channel
Amp, Alpine Alarm,Alpine Headunit
14.8 @ 94.2(with vaccume lick)
Max

Post by Max »

Hey Mazdamx.. <BR>The only time i went in the 15's was when i got a good 60-ft... It make all the difference, my best is 2.363<BR>And i would dump the clutch at 3000-3500 RPM<BR>cause if i dump to high to much wheel spin.<BR>How hot was it on that day... the day i got in the 15'S it was like 12 degrees Celcious.<BR>Fairly cool...
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

well i know we have diff engines but i rev too about 2500 rpms. i bog a little so i know like 3000 rpms will be better but dont do 5k rpm dumps. thats why you hop. i used to but stopped and my times got way better. and reaction times do matter. just keep practicing and youll get it right.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Im gonna try dumping the clutch at 2500, Ive always dumped pretty high. Im not sure if my tires will hop at 2500 but it seems when I drop at low rpms once I grab my revs go way down and I lose some time. My best 60 foot time last night was 2.4. Well Ill play around with some things. Thanks for the help I know my car is faster than 16.4 its just a matter of my start.
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

2.4 is really bad ! try to keep the rpms up and listen to what the tires are doing I run drag radial (dot) the best I ran was a 2.004 60ft to a 13.7 I usually run a 2.15 even on street tires
13.023 @ 105 mph
Hex3

Post by Hex3 »

natural born honda killer, I was just wondering if u can tell me how your reaction time matters in a 1/4 mile run? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
2.5 KL-ZE, BBS rims, I the front i have to falkin Azenis, Intrax Springs, CM Stage 1 clutch, and Fidanza flywheel, Pacesetter short shifter, Tociko Blue Struts, Sparco Steering Wheel, Yellow Top Battery
Alpine Type R Subs 10's, Alpine 2 Channel Amp, Alpine 4 channel
Amp, Alpine Alarm,Alpine Headunit
14.8 @ 94.2(with vaccume lick)
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

yeah, reaction times dont matter at all...
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

Dump it at 3500...<P>5k is WAAAY too high, pure spinnage...<P> :roll:
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

5k isnt to high if you got really good tires, Im moving forward pretty rapidly when Im spinning. When I dump at like 2500-3500 it bounces then when the tires grab I bod down to like 1000 rpms. all my friends who race there mx6's dump really high too. It prolly varies for everyone but I honestly think dumping higher is better if you got good tires.
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mazdamxstyle:<BR><STRONG>5k isnt to high if you got really good tires, Im moving forward pretty rapidly when Im spinning. When I dump at like 2500-3500 it bounces then when the tires grab I bod down to like 1000 rpms. all my friends who race there mx6's dump really high too. It prolly varies for everyone but I honestly think dumping higher is better if you got good tires.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>correct, the launch is most important and u can loose a second from launching to low.<p>[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: nvrsrndr ]
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”