rs sohc vs. civic dx

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
aznwithamx3

rs sohc vs. civic dx

Post by aznwithamx3 »

i have a 92 rs and my friend has a civic dx. we are going to the track next week and he wants to race.he has a stock dx with auto and he doesnt know sheit bout cars(call him a poser cuz he thinks a civic si could smoke a mustang gt)i have a auto and some mods.who do you think will win?i dont want to make a fool of myself but he doesnt know sqwat about cars.for intance when he races he goes from drive3 to D2 and then slams it into D1.i told him it will mess up his tranny but he says and i quote "man its like overdrive but its not overdrive"lol<p>[ August 21, 2002: Message edited by: williamtauch ]
aznwithamx3

Re: rs sohc vs. civic dx

Post by aznwithamx3 »

bump...i dont want to look like a fool,so cxan somebody tell me before saturday?
majicmike

Post by majicmike »

i think its a fair race. you might try to stage a little bit on the line and use high octaine gas around 95-100. i have never driven an auto mx-3 so a lot of power can be lost w/the auto. if you have subs take them out before the race. along w/the spare tire the jack and any other items you will not be using during the race. weight makes a big difference on this car.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Course if you want a real chance you could spend 12 hours completly gutting your car... Granted it will take about two to remove the adhesive on the insulation for the ceiling peace and about 3-4 to remove the tar and polish it up all purty....
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
??????

Post by ?????? »

ahh you should take him i have a 92 rs some mods lol i guess not really just k&n p4 plugs new wires running 2" straight pipe no muffler lol and i beatt a civic ex that was moded just remmeber mx-3 rs might have 88hp but 98tq when civic has 105 hp if dx and 100tq soo its all who has the better start really have fun though :)
??????

Post by ?????? »

oh ya i should add both were stick i never driven auto civic or mx-3 soo dont know :/
TopGun

Post by TopGun »

Drove an automatic Mx-3 DOHC.. it was SLOW.<P>This is going to be even worse - I have a feeling the mx-3 is gonna get walked unless you pull out your backseats, spare tire, and don't eat anything that day (last part a joke.. just so you foreigners get it).<P>Umb...yeah, dude he's got almost 20 more HP, and you don't need to know s--- to race an automatic, you mash the gas pedal...<P>There's not going to be any traction issues - this is just going to be one really LONG race... like a 3 minute quarter mile just like in F&F
Speed Kills - Drive a honda, live forever...
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

dude torque brake like a mutha that's your only hope take out your back seats...just hold the brake when staging and hold the gas at the same time. You want to give it as much gas as possible and hold the brake so it dosent' move...them let it go when the light turns green this will allow you to launch higher in the rpms
Steve
Hy300

Post by Hy300 »

This is just going to be a sad race, I'm sure anyone watching this will be laughing at the times. I'll give you all the support I can though. Just take out everything you don't need and leave it at home. I suggest practicing some launches on a street in the middle of no where so you know how to expect the car to react. Launching any automatic is simple though, just hold one foot on the brake, then one the gas, then release the brake. I just think you should figure out where would be best to have your RPMs at before you launch so that you get the least amount of spin. Try at 2000 and work your way up to a point where you feel you're getting the best results.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Top Gun:<BR><STRONG>Drove an automatic Mx-3 DOHC.. it was SLOW.<P>This is going to be even worse - I have a feeling the mx-3 is gonna get walked unless you pull out your backseats, spare tire, and don't eat anything that day (last part a joke.. just so you foreigners get it).<P>Umb...yeah, dude he's got almost 20 more HP, and you don't need to know s--- to race an automatic, you mash the gas pedal...<P>There's not going to be any traction issues - this is just going to be one really LONG race... like a 3 minute quarter mile just like in F&F</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Agreed the MX-3 is going to lose unless you get into your high range before he does. Unless of course you have the DOHC, then it's whoever hits the accelerator first. <P>BTW, the FATF race was a 1 mile race not a 1/4 mile :p
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

:<P>rolleyes:<P><BR>hee hee hee hee hee ha ha ha ha ha ha oh oh ohh my <P>do the brake start trick and shift yourself <P>better pack a lunch on that snoozefest :D
13.023 @ 105 mph
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>BTW, the FATF race was a 1 mile race not a 1/4 mile :p</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I don't care if it was 10 miles. How do you shift 7 times in a mile?
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Six speed with reverse?.. he had to have a bad launch for soemthing...
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
??????

Post by ?????? »

lol in F&F he shifted to 1st twice and in the begining with the eclipse he shifted into 2nd twice lol who needs a 5/6 speed when you can use 1st and 2nd twice lol :)
aaronthehic

Post by aaronthehic »

Is the race over now or what ?<P>I think he got worked and doesn't want to tell us :)
13.023 @ 105 mph

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”