I ran a 15.72 with my KL-ZE MX-3 last night

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
curtklze

I ran a 15.72 with my KL-ZE MX-3 last night

Post by curtklze »

I was at ST.Thomas dragstrip last night and I raced anothe MX-3 gsr, he ran a 14.48 with a cold air intake and straight through exhaust on street tires, I ran a best of 15.72 with my MX-3 gsr with Kumho 712 tires, stock exhaust and stock air intake.<P>My worst time was 16.054, it seems like I got my best times by doing a massive burnout then launching off the start at high rps and getting lots of wheel hop and tire spin. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: I ran a 15.72 with my KL-ZE MX-3 last night

Post by Custommx3 »

paul added my old cone filter to his ZE, he said the performace diff was like night and day on his ZE.
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

seems like you car is choking.....put a cone filter on...it's cheap...exhaust is cheap to....and those times aren't to good man......no affense....but once you get used to it and get all the bugs out you will do better...try launching at 6-7000 rpm...but you probobly were already doing that...try getting some stiffer engine mounts....
Steve
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

~2k dump should net the best launches. Just a smidge of spin, then off you go. What were your other figures? 60ft? 1/8mile? MPH?
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG>~2k dump should net the best launches. Just a smidge of spin, then off you go. What were your other figures? 60ft? 1/8mile? MPH?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Keep in mind that some people may have better tires than you David...<P>Today, 3000 rpm with a quick drop of the clutch netted a slight spin and then BOG....i like Falkens a lot.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>Keep in mind that some people may have better tires than you David...<P>Today, 3000 rpm with a quick drop of the clutch netted a slight spin and then BOG....i like Falkens a lot.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Nobody can touch my 540 treadwear road huggies!
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

I dunno could get some good ol 13's and dump at 4k and let the sidewall eat it =]
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

here are my time slips from the track. I'm 007 on all but the last run that I made by myself.<P> Image<p>[ August 11, 2002: Message edited by: curtklze ]
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.

white fish

Post by white fish »

No offence but thats not good I got 15.482 @ 92.02 at Cayuga a KL 03 with the stock exhaust a cool air intake and a clutch that slips in second and thrid on 215/40/17 tires wide but TSW's weigh alot<p>[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: white fish ]
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

your reaction times arent too bad, I say ditch that stock exhaust!!! 60's are going to suck, anyone ever had good sixtys in this car? I better gain more than 3 seconds on my old time with a ze swap or I will cry. Try launching lower less spin is good! ditch the centerforce clutch too
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)

Post by Guest »

getting 2.3 60foots is good fro street tires.<P>with a good launch u should be able to hit 2.2 foots then your time will drop to like 15.4 15.5.<P><BR>p.s. get an exhaust!
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

your reaction times are bad......work on that ...
Steve
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

umm i pulled 2.12's all day long on street tires... consistent 1.9's now on BFG drag radials
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Thanks for all the suggestions. :) <P>Just so you know, Im a mechanic and I know what needs to be done to make my car faster, and what to do to get better times, and I will be doing it as money permits. :)
Yes, I AM a bastard

CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

Not being rude, just ignorant. Are normal MX times high 15's with the ZE? What are the stock times? Anyone dragged stock?
Dedicated SR20 SLUT

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”