MX-3 GS vs. Honda Accord V6 ?!

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
David Coleman

Re: MX-3 GS vs. Honda Accord V6 ?!

Post by David Coleman »

Edmunds said the V6 coupe would run 15.9. I ran 16.05, and then fixed my horrible slipping clutch, ported my manifold, got an intake, and bypassed the TB coolant line. Judging by how horribly my clutch was slipping at the track, I'd say 15.8 was a reasonable time that my car could run. <P>15.8 < 15.9<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaydog5678:<BR><STRONG>Why are u arguing with Coleman? He has a v-6, you do not.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Come on Jay. Obviously this guy is a V6 MX-3 and V6 Accord expert. <BR> :roll:
David Coleman
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Accord V6: 4-speed automatic <P>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<P>Engine : 3.0 liter 24 valve <BR>Horsepower : 200 @ 5500 <BR>Torque : 195 @ 4700 <BR>Acceleration : 0-60 mph in 7.8 sec. 1/4-mile in 15.7 sec. <BR>Top Speed : 124 mph <BR>Braking : 60-0 mph in 138 ft. <BR>Roadholding : 0.77 g. <P>The MX-3 GS <BR>1/4 time as around 16.1-16.3<P>I think its obvious. <BR>(this is stock figures)
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG>I think its obvious. <BR>(this is stock figures)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>I agree that it's obvious in stock form, but that was not specified in the original question. He asked if it was possible for a MX-3 GS to beat an Accord V6. Which it is. For that matter, it's also possible for a MX-3 GS to beat a 360 Modena. It's all about how much you want to put into the car....
David Coleman
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I agree that a mx-3 can be made to beat a accord no problem but stock it's a no go.....s--- you could make a mx-3 run as fast as you want but it's gonna cost some serious $$$$....an integra ls might be a good race if you have some minor mods done.....
Steve
gecko1650

Post by gecko1650 »

v6 accords are fast but they are too heavy too do any racing. I think the accord might win by maby 5 to 10 feet but i might be wrong it would be really close
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gecko1650:<BR><STRONG>v6 accords are fast but they are too heavy too do any racing. I think the accord might win by maby 5 to 10 feet but i might be wrong it would be really close</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Welcome to the 2002 Ft. Myers SCCA National ProSolo Season Opener...<BR> <A HREF="http://gulfcoastautocrossers.com/pict2115.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://gulfcoastautocrossers.com/pict2115.jpg</A>
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Coleman:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>I agree that it's obvious in stock form, but that was not specified in the original question. He asked if it was possible for a MX-3 GS to beat an Accord V6. Which it is. For that matter, it's also possible for a MX-3 GS to beat a 360 Modena. It's all about how much you want to put into the car....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Unless he specifies mods, you gotta expect stock. Like you said, it's POSSIBLE to beat the Accord V6 but not if both are stock. Hell throw in a KLZE, and you got most cars on the road. I admit, I read edmunds wrong, and more research showed me that the V6 only came in auto, but it still aint gunna be beat by a stock GS unless the Accord don't know how to drive, and the GS was pro driven. I've never ridden in a V6 accord or raced one, so I don't know how they perform, but on paper, the GS is gunna come up short.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG><BR> I agree that a mx-3 can be made to beat a accord no problem but stock it's a no go.....s--- you could make a mx-3 run as fast as you want but it's gonna cost some serious $$$$....an integra ls might be a good race if you have some minor mods done.....<P>--------------------<P>Steve<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>LS integra? Dood, the GS has it. I have repeatedly beat my friends LS, and not by inches either. LS integras are pussy cars. Don't waste your time on a honda anyways.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

hey buddy your friend probably just can't drive, the b18b is a great motor it has tons of torque (and more hp's then your car stock) and if your put a v-tec head on it (ls vtec) then they can be fast...(197 hp on pump gas...all motor).....honda's are great cars your lame for saying that they were (pussy cars) and to stay away from them...... (these cars started the import scene so show some respect buddy)
Steve
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG>hey buddy your friend probably just can't drive, the b18b is a great motor it has tons of torque (and more hp's then your car stock) and if your put a v-tec head on it (ls vtec) then they can be fast...(197 hp on pump gas...all motor).....honda's are great cars your lame for saying that they were (pussy cars) and to stay away from them...... (these cars started the import scene so show some respect buddy)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>The import scene was not created by honda. If you say that, youre going to have a shitload of Nissan guys calling bulls---. The introduction of the 240Z and the 510 were the first of the REAL import movement.<P>Honda started the FWD drag idea...which is silly, but whatever floats your boat.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Don't forget all the Toyota 3TC starlet guys. And the Rotary freaks. Honda was garbage until 85 or so, where they peaked, and went downhill in the chassis department ever since. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] :P
David Coleman
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Nah...best chassis was the 4th gen hatch :)
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>Nah...best chassis was the 4th gen hatch :)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>EF powah!<P>Too bad they didn't come with B series overhere. Or J series... :)
David Coleman
Stevech_2001

Post by Stevech_2001 »

I like the 4th gen hatches....ya a b16 would have been nice ..but you can still swap it in, what would have been nice is a b18c5 ITR motor come stock in one of those...j series I have never heard of that...d,b,h series are the only ones I know of...I'm assuming your talking about honda...
Steve
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stevech_2001:<BR><STRONG>hey buddy your friend probably just can't drive, the b18b is a great motor it has tons of torque (and more hp's then your car stock) and if your put a v-tec head on it (ls vtec) then they can be fast...(197 hp on pump gas...all motor).....honda's are great cars your lame for saying that they were (pussy cars) and to stay away from them...... (these cars started the import scene so show some respect buddy)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>respect? a honda? Well buddy, I think not. You say the b18b engine has tons of torque compared to my car??? The LS integra has what? 124Ft/Lbs of torque(+9), and 140BHP(+10). I wouldn't call that tons. The VTEC teg (GS-R with b18c1) has 170BHP and 128ft/lbs of torque. I wouldn't say that's tons of torque either. I would give the LS 5-10HP with the VTEC head. Not even close to 197. If this IS true, get me documentation to prove it. Honda has been proven a torqueless wonder. Even the 240BHP s2000 only has 154ft/lbs of torque. And as we all know, HP is nothing without torque to back it up. So, get the info right before tellin me to have "respect" for grocery gettin, rice boy drivin, over-rated, pussy cars. I don't disrespect them becuz they are bad cars, I disrespect them becuz they are s--- to tune. Too "fit-in"ish, and too expensive......buddy. Why don't you show me a little respect before you go runnin your mouth?<P>P.S. There are also A, F, E, and Z series engines for the honda, and to put the b18c5 engine in, they would have to have changed the chassis. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”