times for a bpt swap

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
natural born honda killer

times for a bpt swap

Post by natural born honda killer »

ok well i took my mx with a bpt swpa in it to the local 1/8th mile and ran it a few times. i think my times could have been better but i have a slight boost leak coming from my bov, but i just need to add a few washers but thats another story. anyways i ran agianst my friends v6 fireturd a few times and i beat him the first time bad. the next time we were neck and neck so i would say the engines stock for stock you can hang if not beat a v6 fireturd. well my best run was only a 10.3. my best reaction time was a .863. and my best speed was at 72.5 mph. let me know wheter you think these are decent times and any ideas to help me out would be appreciated. oh i launched at about 2k rpms. otherwise id almost spin the tires all the way through first. i also had about an extra 100lbs worth of speakers and a car full of crap. but anyways let me kow what you think.<P>thanks
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
ProtegeSTS

Re: times for a bpt swap

Post by ProtegeSTS »

your time is on the slow side, but your speed seems good.<P>With my NA BP, when i went to the track, i clicked off a 10.822 @ 65. Id try launching a little harder and using the throttle and clutch to control wheel spin. <P>Also, where are your shift points and how well is the car tuned?
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

well i shifted at 6500 rpms cause i cant rmember the redline on the bpt so i didnt want to screw it up by just trashing it. but yeah i know that my worst part is definatley is at the start. the car seems to be running a little rich but this way i have a starting point so i can tune it but im not sure where to go from here to try to even out the amount of fuel. i know that eventually just upping the boost would help this problem but im not about to up the boost until the motor is a little bit more broken in. but i know that my bov was kinda leaking cause i could hear it so i think thats another reason why my times are a little slow. but yeah the start is definately the worst thing of it all. thanks. its a semi new clutch so i didnt want to ride the clutch too much. so i kinda took it easy but when i tune it better ill post the times. but i figure i should be getting almost a 10-10.1 instead so ill get to tuning it since it has hardly no tuning
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!

well ui went back to the track this weekend and didnt do to bad. i have a boost leak so thats what i will be trying to find out where soon. but this is what i got....<P>reaction:.787<BR>60 ft:2.5<BR>0-60:6.9<BR>et: 10.454<BR>mph:70.728<P>and yeah this is on an 1/8th mile. let me know what you guys think.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

with that motor you should be getting in the 9's easy. My buddies Civic SiR with I/H/E goes 9.90's all the time. You should be able to do better, so just keep practicing your launch and fix that boost leak.
maldo

Post by maldo »

Your times seem a little slow but it might be that the two of us are running very close for hp. When I blew up my motor at the track I ran the following:<BR>reaction: .743 (very bad)<BR>60 FT: 2.535<BR>ET: 16.449 (blown motor by the time I hit the traps)<BR>MPH: 82.533<P>A buddy of mine with a very similar setup to mine ran a 14.2. <P>This is all on a 1/4 mile track though, comparison might be difficult.

yeah i know they are kinda slow but im guessing that its partially cause its running way too rich. well i just bought a haltech thias week so ill be putting that on when i get it but my luck has been the shittiest. after i buy the haltech i end up having my car broken into glass everywhere and all they took was the damn detachable face that is 5 years old so basically it just rendered my stereo useless and them stealing it retarded. they cant use it at all. thats all they took they didnt even try to take the stereo itself or anything else. then a few weeks ago i end up bending 2 of my rims. good month for me. :mad:
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

That timeslip should net a mid to low 15 second pass in the high 90's.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

you could always try to tune it with a g-tech ;)
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

i think a haltech will be more than suffiecient for tuning :D
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS

man iraq sucks!!!
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

Are you using slicks? or are you worried about axles? hoosier came out with some pretty decent ones that come in a huge range of sizes.<BR>also I know phantom grip makes a LSD for my car (F-25M) that i plan to get (part #906 i think?), they might make one for yours.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shady469:<BR><STRONG>Are you using slicks? or are you worried about axles? hoosier came out with some pretty decent ones that come in a huge range of sizes.<BR>also I know phantom grip makes a LSD for my car (F-25M) that i plan to get (part #906 i think?), they might make one for yours.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Hey shady when you get that setup complete i'd like to come down and run you in the ZE<BR> :D
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

we can go...<BR>next season when she's got a new pair attached...
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
maldo

Post by maldo »

Might want to hold out for the E11 instead of the E6. The new version has a lot of new features. There is a group buy on miataforum.com that Mark Peugot is putting on. His shop, SWAT Performance, has some pretty good prices.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

braden and i were discussing the e11 yesterday. that thing is sick, sick i tell you. it comes with 2 harnesses...which mean a lot more wires. but some of the features that it has(like a 5bar map sensor!). the benefit that the e6k has over the e11 is that a lot of people have the e6k so you can get a map close to your setup without a lot of dyno time, which in turn saves you money. once Halwin comes out for the e6k, it will make it a little better to tune with(the e11 comes standard as a windows based program) not sure how much the group buy is going for, but w/o it, you'll pay a bit more for it. then you have to tune it...all on your own(MONEY). but in all....the e11 is sweet.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”