92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Sonicxtacy02

Re: 92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

now THATS feasible..lol :D
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG>Mitmarks. Ive driven a SE. Its a HEAVIER version of the GS. This would not help it be faster. If i may ask, how did you "measure" your amazing romp to 60mph? <P>The reason i ask is because you are an idiot, and you probably used a stopwatch, or better yet counted "1 mississippi, 2 mississippi...." in your thick little head. Do you realize that 5 sec 0-60 is now running with Z28s? Do you realize that you would now be running ~ 13.5 quarter miles? Funny, but the FASTEST SE with an actual time slip is 16.05 @85. Thats basically stock. Ive driven THAT car as well. Please do NOT spread misinformation. <P>Also, IIRC, Civics are still being made, while MX-3s have been discontinued. That being the case, i find it pretty foolish for you to dis someone for driving a civic. But in conclusion, please remember that Natural Selection missed you, and you should be grateful for that.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>protege POS dont be such a moron and dont call me names, i never called u stuff dude, and as u all asked i will get u ur dumb "slip" it will beat 0-60 in 5 secs i assure u that, i dont know why but its as fast as i told u all<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] and it doesnt weigh so much, i have some weight reduction on front nose. wait till my slip.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG><P>protege POS dont be such a moron and dont call me names, i never called u stuff dude, and as u all asked i will get u ur dumb "slip" it will beat 0-60 in 5 secs i assure u that, i dont know why but its as fast as i told u all<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] and it doesnt weigh so much, i have some weight reduction on front nose. wait till my slip.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Actually, it weighs right about 2500 lbs. Its a BG chassis just like the Protege, but with MORE glass and a leather interior. And "slips" dont show 0-60 time, but i bet your 1/8 mile is right around 10.7 at about 65 like every other MX-3 out there. According to you, that would make the MX-3 hit 60 in 5 seconds and then it would be another 5 seconds to go from 60 to 65mph. Thats about as realistic as your claims.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
farney

Post by farney »

It's kinda funny that the guy bashes me for haing a civic when it says at the bottom of my reply that I own an MX-3. I dont own a civic but they have 10 times the potential that an MX-3 does. Honda engines are just plain better than Mazda ones made by Ford.
White 1992 MX-3 RS. Pacesetter exhaust, custom intake, and custom rear lower tie bar.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

made by ford? expect bashing for that..lol
Shaun Newman
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by farney:<BR><STRONG>It's kinda funny that the guy bashes me for haing a civic when it says at the bottom of my reply that I own an MX-3. I dont own a civic but they have 10 times the potential that an MX-3 does. Honda engines are just plain better than Mazda ones made by Ford.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>You sir are also clearly wrong. If you would like to give some explanation as to how a B6 is inferior to a Honda motor, id love to hear it. And NONE of mazda's engines have EVER been made by ford. Maybe a little more reasearch?<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
farney

Post by farney »

Let me put it this way. I know that there are not as many MX-3's out there as there are Hondas. No doubt about it. However, how many fast B6 engined MX-3's do you know of?? I mean truly fast, not mid 15's or even high 14's. Fact is the B6 engine family that is in the MX-3 cannot handle the kind of power that a stock Honda engine can. The Honda B16 has got to be one of the most "bulletproof" of the tuner engines out there. They have been known to run fairly high amounts of boost(supercharger or turbo) along with NOS. Try that on a B6 from an <BR>MX-3....you'll see a piston go through the hood. <BR>In reply to the Ford engines in a Mazda, I guess it is safe to say that they are not pure Ford but rather a combination effort....<BR> <BR>"This casting process technology has been provided by Ford and Cosworth from England, and then matured and innovated by Mazda-specific technology. Through this, the mass production of quality, lightweight, and compact engines has been attained, and an epoch-making production process, producing at a lower cost than cast iron engines, realized. The new engines, in addition to being used in future Mazda products, will also be used by the Ford Group" from:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.carseverything.com/content/article/1411/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.carseverything.com/content/article/1411/</A> <P>"The global sweep of Ford and Mazda's latest family of in-line, 4-cylinder engines is evident by their far-flung production sites: Dearborn; Hiroshima, Japan; Chihuahua, Mexico, and Valencia, Spain. The all-aluminum engines, to power vehicles from the upcoming Mazda 6 to the 2002 Ford Ranger"<BR>from:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.auto.com/industry/engine1_20011101.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.auto.com/industry/engine1_20011101.htm</A> <P>Ford and Mazda have had a fairly long history of producing engines together. Your Mazdas are all part Ford too!! So is mine.
White 1992 MX-3 RS. Pacesetter exhaust, custom intake, and custom rear lower tie bar.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by farney:<BR><STRONG>It's kinda funny that the guy bashes me for haing a civic when it says at the bottom of my reply that I own an MX-3. I dont own a civic but they have 10 times the potential that an MX-3 does. Honda engines are just plain better than Mazda ones made by Ford.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hey u dont know stuff man, Mazda makes ford ok?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by farney:<BR><STRONG>Let me put it this way. I know that there are not as many MX-3's out there as there are Hondas. No doubt about it. However, how many fast B6 engined MX-3's do you know of?? I mean truly fast, not mid 15's or even high 14's. Fact is the B6 engine family that is in the MX-3 cannot handle the kind of power that a stock Honda engine can. The Honda B16 has got to be one of the most "bulletproof" of the tuner engines out there. They have been known to run fairly high amounts of boost(supercharger or turbo) along with NOS. Try that on a B6 from an <BR>MX-3....you'll see a piston go through the hood. <BR>In reply to the Ford engines in a Mazda, I guess it is safe to say that they are not pure Ford but rather a combination effort....<BR> <BR>"This casting process technology has been provided by Ford and Cosworth from England, and then matured and innovated by Mazda-specific technology. Through this, the mass production of quality, lightweight, and compact engines has been attained, and an epoch-making production process, producing at a lower cost than cast iron engines, realized. The new engines, in addition to being used in future Mazda products, will also be used by the Ford Group" from:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.carseverything.com/content/article/1411/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.carseverything.com/content/article/1411/</A> <P>"The global sweep of Ford and Mazda's latest family of in-line, 4-cylinder engines is evident by their far-flung production sites: Dearborn; Hiroshima, Japan; Chihuahua, Mexico, and Valencia, Spain. The all-aluminum engines, to power vehicles from the upcoming Mazda 6 to the 2002 Ford Ranger"<BR>from:<BR> <A HREF="http://www.auto.com/industry/engine1_20011101.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.auto.com/industry/engine1_20011101.htm</A> <P>Ford and Mazda have had a fairly long history of producing engines together. Your Mazdas are all part Ford too!! So is mine.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You are totally clueless. Im not even going to argue with you. <P>FYI, NO B series engine can take more than 300hp at the wheels on stock internals. The most powerful B series Mazda engine had 399.6hp at the wheels on stock internals. <P>FYI, youre little links are about Mazda's newest engines, not the B series or the K series engines, the only 2 to come in the MX-3. <P>When you actually learn the first thing about what youre talking about, but for now, you should just not post anymore, because you dont have a clue.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
farney

Post by farney »

I realize that the links are for new engines. I was putting those up to show that there definately is a partnership there. You just need to settle down a bit, mellow out, and chill. Is a bulletin board realy worth getting all pissed over. People like you and those who try to act all tough on chat rooms are the scourge of the internet.

Post by Guest »

guys lets try to keep our cool here please.<BR>Farney, by the way jesse is one of the more knowledgable persons on this board, so please show him some respect.<BR> :)
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by farney:<BR><STRONG>I realize that the links are for new engines. I was putting those up to show that there definately is a partnership there. You just need to settle down a bit, mellow out, and chill. Is a bulletin board realy worth getting all pissed over. People like you and those who try to act all tough on chat rooms are the scourge of the internet.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>But youre still wrong. How am i acting tough because i dont like to see mis-information spread on a forum where people are trying to learn? <P>If you actually stated something factual, or had a decent point, i wouldnt have gotten pissed. But you simply have NO idea of Mazda engine potential in relation to Honda motors. Do some research. READ the archives of the mazda lists. Ask the guys who have done it and seen it done. Then you can compare.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

anyone who's been to mazda's site knows there's a partnership, but the fact is when you use that as the basis of your argument, at least know what you're talking about.
Shaun Newman
farney

Post by farney »

Ok guys, i'll be sure to do that.
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by farney:<BR><STRONG>Ok guys, i'll be sure to do that.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>First thing you can do in your long road to knowledge is find me some proof of ANY I-4 honda motor putting down more than 350hp at the wheels on stock internals. Then ill show you the BP thats running ~400 at the wheels. <P>Next you can find the Honda motor that running the most rpm. Then we can talk about how amazing the K series rod ratio is, and how damn cool it would be to rev to 14,000 without sideloading problems.<P>Next, you can find the best 2L Honda motor, and how much torque it has. And then we can discuss Mazda's FE3, that back in 1988, we had a 2L NA I-4 with 160 lb-ft of torque.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”