92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)

Re: 92 SOHC vs 88 civic hatchback

Post by Guest »

ya but come on guys its not as if the other dude has a 200 hp car..he has around 88 hp too and it was just for fun.. :( :( :( <BR>oh and jesse thanks for the support bro..i do love my car ;)
farney

Post by farney »

I love my car too. I just don't see it as worth it. To each his own I guess.
White 1992 MX-3 RS. Pacesetter exhaust, custom intake, and custom rear lower tie bar.
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

Hey guys !...race and HP is not all..<BR>what about, cornering, braking and the most important FUN TO DRIVE !!!!!!!!!!!...<P>my opinion
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG>Mx-3's are slow.<P>0-60 in like 9.2 sec lol. So are the base civics so it'll be close.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>are u talking about base or GS model 0-60 in 9.2 cause if its GS ure WRONG "buddy" cause my mx-3 got into 60 in just 5 secs... totally stock..
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

hate to tell you this dood but you're full of sh*t. Counting on your fingers maybe, but there's no damn way your stock GS hit 5's. that would put you up with M3's, porshe's and what not.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

93 mx-3 sohc =10.3 0-60<BR>93 mx-3 gs =9.2 0-60
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><STRONG>hate to tell you this dood but you're full of sh*t. Counting on your fingers maybe, but there's no damn way your stock GS hit 5's. that would put you up with M3's, porshe's and what not.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No ure full of sh*t dude<P> ;) it redlined, i'd say it was abused for some seconds, but it did 0-60 in 5 secs and when i have my kl-ze i will have it in 3 secs with mods, some nos, shifter and stuff like that
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>93 mx-3 sohc =10.3 0-60<BR>93 mx-3 gs =9.2 0-60</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>hey hey dude dont put that from someone's website, all i can say get urself GS SE and test it urself, if its not gonna go as fast as mine did theres two reasons, ure bad driver, ur SE sucks, but whoever put 9.2 is moron my civic does 0-60 in that time, its dx four door, totally stock.
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

ok..show some proof that your superior mx-3 "SE" is faster than a "regular" gs. what are your hp numbers? diff. gear ratios? you want people to believe that your "se" is that fast...show some time slips....dyno runs. i have no desire to test drive a car that has not been proven to be faster than a regular stock gs. i also have no desire to argue on whether someone's numbers are wrong. if they're wrong...prove them wrong. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
farney

Post by farney »

One word describes all of this, bulls---! A 5 second 0-60 time would kill most car on the street minus vettes, really good mustangs/camaros, porches, etc. Ignore people like this because they have no idea what they are talking about. Oh and to get a KL-ZE into a 3 second 0-60 you would need a turbo, NOS, and a tube frame car weighing about 1300lbs.
White 1992 MX-3 RS. Pacesetter exhaust, custom intake, and custom rear lower tie bar.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by farney:<BR><STRONG>One word describes all of this, bulls---! A 5 second 0-60 time would kill most car on the street minus vettes, really good mustangs/camaros, porches, etc. Ignore people like this because they have no idea what they are talking about. Oh and to get a KL-ZE into a 3 second 0-60 you would need a turbo, NOS, and a tube frame car weighing about 1300lbs.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>i guess u never raced ur mx-3...oh i forgot ure too poor to afford one, u drive civic<P> :eek:
gecko1650

Post by gecko1650 »

dude im sure your SE is fast, but I have a friend who has one and it is stock V6 and my 94 4 cyl with a intake and a exhaust beat him. The biggest engine they make for the <BR>mx-3 stock is the 1.8 liter with 130hp and there is no way that it would go 0to60 is 5 sec. if it was stock
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i'm not going to argue anymore.. maybe it does hit 5 secs because of the hp gain from no a/c :eek: You may indeed be a great guy but without a sheet noones gonna believe you got 5 secs outta of a 130hp 2300lb car. Do the math on that.<P>On the other hand you cant believe everything you read. 9.2 sounds pretty extreme for 0-60. They must have been driving an auto or miscalculated some figures. I have a car and driver that lists the 1994 GS in 7's, RS in 9's
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

Mitmarks. Ive driven a SE. Its a HEAVIER version of the GS. This would not help it be faster. If i may ask, how did you "measure" your amazing romp to 60mph? <P>The reason i ask is because you are an idiot, and you probably used a stopwatch, or better yet counted "1 mississippi, 2 mississippi...." in your thick little head. Do you realize that 5 sec 0-60 is now running with Z28s? Do you realize that you would now be running ~ 13.5 quarter miles? Funny, but the FASTEST SE with an actual time slip is 16.05 @85. Thats basically stock. Ive driven THAT car as well. Please do NOT spread misinformation. <P>Also, IIRC, Civics are still being made, while MX-3s have been discontinued. That being the case, i find it pretty foolish for you to dis someone for driving a civic. But in conclusion, please remember that Natural Selection missed you, and you should be grateful for that.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

i think he means 0-60 km/h [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”