MX-3 vs. Integra

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

MX-3 vs. Integra

Post by mitmaks »

anyone knows which one is faster stock? will mx-3 beat integra.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: MX-3 vs. Integra

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i'm gonna say the integra<p>[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: -=deathtrap-mx3=- ]
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

'94 stock MX-3 GS = 130HP vs. '94 stock Integra (there are 2 engines) one is 142HP, the other is 170HP except they are both 4 bangers. Either way, the Integra is faster.
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

its upto the driver.<P>The cars are fairly equal as far as power to weight. David ran a 16.0X like bone stock, with a bad clutch. Integras, if launched perfrectly can probably do like a 15.8. Its VERY close.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

it all depends on what year/model the Integra is....some are slow...some are fast...<P>mx-3's also have 3 diff models (SOHC i4, DOHC i4, and DOHC v6)....and it all depends on the driver and mods too...
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Redline

Post by Redline »

A stock GS or LS teg would be a very close match to a stock MX-3 V6. The faster tegs are GS-Rs or Type Rs, both would take the MX-3 stock. The GS-R has 170hp and 160tq, while the Type R gives up some torque for 195hp but 130tq...something like that...the Type R is amazing if anyone has a chance to watch or race one at the track pay attention, they run sometihng like 14.5 stock...
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Redline:<BR><STRONG>A stock GS or LS teg would be a very close match to a stock MX-3 V6. The faster tegs are GS-Rs or Type Rs, both would take the MX-3 stock. The GS-R has 170hp and 160tq, while the Type R gives up some torque for 195hp but 130tq...something like that...the Type R is amazing if anyone has a chance to watch or race one at the track pay attention, they run sometihng like 14.5 stock...</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>the GS-R has about 130 lb-ft ot torque, not 160<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
Q187

Post by Q187 »

My mom has a 92 Integra. My MX is an auto and hers is a standard, so hers is probably faster. If they were both standard, it would be close.
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

blah blah blah... race it and find out.... on a side note who has the fastest mx-3 on the site... regular users... cause i think a guy i know has the fastest mx-3 i;ve ever seen.. to the tune of 12.95's at 109 YIKES... on street tires.. o course he's kl-03'd like myself, and spraying also.. 43 jetting i think
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ProtegeSTS:<BR><STRONG><P>the GS-R has about 130 lb-ft ot torque, not 160<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Jesse is right, the GSR is 170HP 128TQ and the Type-R is 195HP 130TQ
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Tegs are fast.<BR>B18's [A,B, and C] have alot of potential and support.<P>Get a KL and then race :)
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Redline

Post by Redline »

huh, I don't remember where I saw it with 160tq...eh...maybe it was some JDM engine or something, I can't keep up with Hondas anyway...the Bseries of engines are so much aftermarket parts...damn them...not to mention the potential of the H22 series from the prelude, there is an accord here with that engine...someplace in low 14s now i believe.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

honda performance parts are also a lot cheaper to buy, and easier to find. They sell them at WalMart now..lol<P>Last time i was at the track with my freind, he raced a Type-R Integra in his 3.5 Altima...Altima ran 14.4...nice race. My track car (eclipse) should be around the 12's in the spring :)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Redline

Post by Redline »

Ist Gen DSMs are soo damn fast, damn you :) all you need is a damn boost controller and you can get soooooo close to 12s with very little else. :D
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Redline:<BR><STRONG>huh, I don't remember where I saw it with 160tq...eh...maybe it was some JDM engine or something, I can't keep up with Hondas anyway...the Bseries of engines are so much aftermarket parts...damn them...not to mention the potential of the H22 series from the prelude, there is an accord here with that engine...someplace in low 14s now i believe.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>The H22 is a bit of an oddball. The one "big block" closed deck motor, and it is more damn fragile to tuning than the B- series engines. go figure<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”