No More Illegal Street Racing Topics

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
back alley

Re: No More Illegal Street Racing Topics

Post by back alley »

you have my support on this, no question.<BR>while i like to drive fast, i am not really into 'beating' anyone. it's the speed and getting to know my car even better, how it handles, takes a curve or holds a line. one of the beauties of driving the mazda mx-3 is how well it handles and looks and feels. being 'one' with the car. (too zen?)<BR>anyway, it's more important to stay safe. my opinion...
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

This is true.
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

thank you, and with the street racing caused death in Canada w/ a mx-3 involved, it's time the posts stop. all i can say is be safe.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

my opinion, u are all a bunch of hypocrits, i can garuntee, that just about EVERYONE on here has been involved in a street race at one time or another, i just think its funny that this is one of the only boards on the net that i have seen that doesnt have a special column for street kills, or atleast doesnt care if u post them, but i will abide by these rules as "shoddy" as i may think they are, just because i enjoy the rest of this board a great deal
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>my opinion, u are all a bunch of hypocrits, i can garuntee, that just about EVERYONE on here has been involved in a street race at one time or another, i just think its funny that this is one of the only boards on the net that i have seen that doesnt have a special column for street kills, or atleast doesnt care if u post them, but i will abide by these rules as "shoddy" as i may think they are, just because i enjoy the rest of this board a great deal</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey man, I agree with you as to the peeps on this board being hypocrits, but you shouldn't dawg on Jeff's rules. This is HIS board, and so we have to obey what he says if we want to keep on comming here. As you know, it would be cheaper for him, and extremely easy for him to shut down the whole site. That would be like me raggin on you for something that you believe in that I don't. Just be courteous to Jeff, and one of these days someone on this board will make a site that will allow that, but as long as we're on this site, we should keep it to outselves.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
pills_PMD

Post by pills_PMD »

90% of the stories everyone tells are not tru anyways.... so who cares about street racing stories anyway... because most of the stories told are EXAGGERATED.... so forget about it.
<A HREF="http://www.hondaswap.com" TARGET=_blank>hondaswap.com</A>
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

seconded!<BR>Street racing is stupid. We have a place here called Rivergate that people goto race all the time. Its raided all the time due to several people being killed because of out of control cars. Dont be stupid. Take it to the track.<p>[ December 04, 2001: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

I hear you brother. My buddy just died last year, crashing his new BMW 330 into a telephone pole after flipping six times and being thrown out of the side window. It was horrible,they found him in pieces the next morning. All to prove he could beat an Audi. He was only 17. Its all cool untill it hits close home. I know its a rush but THINK of the consequences. Before you get behind the wheel, think of your family friends girlfriend etc and imagine how they would feel if they lost you, or even worse, if you strike an innocent person or some kid on the street. Imagine getting a call from the hospital or the police saying that your mother, father, sister, brother, or a friend has been hit by a car racing down the road. Don's get me wrong, I love fast cars and the rush of racing. I know I will never be the fastest driver out there. You dont need to race a rice civic to prove to your self that you are better, because there are even some family cars which would probably kick your a--. We are not driving super-cars here and there is nothing to prove. I dont want to be a hippocrate, I sometimes goof off and might rev my engine and do a little 0-60, but I will never set up races and act all herdcore. I dont want to blab too much. But I 've seen what could happen and its not cool.
hi
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

yeah, i don't race in my RS! it's an auto. i'm pretty sure a stick geo metro would beat me! about 10 yards past my street, approx. .1mile, from my house, TWO people have crashed and died in less than 4 years. both were drunk driving accidents, but due to trying to take the curve too FAST. everyother sunday, this one guy's(he was 18) mother comes out and replants flowers around the tree their car hit. his buddy was drving he was passenger. everytime i leave me house, i see 2 graves. even if i had a fast car, there's a track about 35min away.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-3.com:<BR><STRONG>From now on if there are any posts relating to illegal street racing, whether it be on the highway, downtown streets, rural roads or empty industrial roads, I have given permission to all of the moderators on this bulletin board to delete them with out a question.<P></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm hoping this means you will go through old posts and delete them.<P>When I turned 16, my first car was a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera with a nice healthy V6. It would be neck and neck with the MX-3 GS. My second car was a 92 MX-3 GS. Now I own a 95 Dodge Dakota Sport. As the years have passed, from age 16 to where I am now, at 19, I have completely reformulated my ideas about street racing. In the past, I would race almost anything that revved on me. I'm NOT saying I have completely stopped racing, but I am "phasing it out." It's always fun to go fast, but those times are few and far between now.<P>I'm hoping to do some upgrades to my truck now, mainly because it will help me in passing cars on the 2-lane road that I drive back to college. Just this month, I misjudged distances, the car that I was passing had to brake for me and I'm sure the car coming at me also had to brake.<P>I know Jeff is not trying to stop street racing. A lot of people visit this site, some who are new to the car scene, and who do not have an opinion on street racing. With a lot of street racing posts, more people are likely to think, "Hey, that guy beat this kind of car, I wanna try it too."<P>I don't care what you think about me, but I'm with Jeff in being against promoting illegal activity.<P>Think of it this way: (for example) The San Diego zoo has a bulletin board on animals. Elephant poachers decide they're going to post on their elephant kills, etc. Although it's a zoo related site, that one aspect of the animal kingdom is illegal, therefore there shouldn't be any complaining when the zoo decides to crack down.<P>I hope I haven't made anyone mad. I'm just posting my thoughts, not attacking anyone, or saying I'm perfect.<P>Whew, I'm done.
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

ok i didnt ever say that i was bashing on his rules, i said that all the people that are agreeing with him are hypocrits, because they are making its sound like they hardly race, and im pretty certain that i have seen there names on other posts talkin bout their kills, and by the way i dun see what wrong with posting about kills at an abandond airport that THE CITY gave us permission 2 use, jeff would it be ok for me to post about this as long as i say that its a secure enviorment with no bystanders and is regulated by cops every 15-20 min >??, it would be cool if u would, its the same as a drag strip cept no timers, and there have been baricades set up the keep the cars separated for bout the 1st quarter of the track, hope i can post about this, cause it about as close to a track as we come without driving 2 hours
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>i said that all the people that are agreeing with him are hypocrits, because they are making its sound like they hardly race</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Maybe so. It just so happens that I just got in from a drag race, not but 10 minutes ago. 0.65 mi "track". But I'm not going to post the details, as Jeff has requested.
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
eunos30xdownunder

Post by eunos30xdownunder »

this might sound retarded but..... survival of the smartest.... its good that the shitty drivers die, they are the idiots that cause all the havok.... keep em off the roads permanently.... sorta of a survival of the slowest and safest view.... or best driver.<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”