my new suspension setup is installed! GTS coilovers, ss

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
SIXPACK

my new suspension setup is installed! GTS coilovers, ss

Post by SIXPACK »

I finally got my GTS coilover suspension installed
after getting new mounting blocks for the rear and other stuff that were rusted beyond repair.
at the same time I installed goodridge ss lines (clear coated) with ss fittings. here are the 2 pics I took. will have some pics of the car tomorrow. the ride is grat so far. not really harsh as I feared. I only took it for a short spin but I could feel improved handling for sure.

Last edited by SIXPACK on December 30th, 2004, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
fry_81

Re: my new suspension setup is installed! GTS coilovers, ss

Post by fry_81 »

i wish my suspension looked that nice lol.
looks awsome :2thumbsup:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Its a beautiful thing.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

a bit of advice to people installing these coilovers. there are no instructions or spanner wrenches (hook style) included. you have to reuse the original upper mounting blocks. the nut on each coilover that sits on the top and holds down everything should be replaced with the nut from the original suspension. it fits much better and is more solid. infact if you wanted to use the enclosed nuts you would need washers to be able to tighten the nut properly! also be prepared to buy wheel spacers. if you got one of the populair aftermarket rims they will probably have ET42 or similair like mine do. this will cause the wheel to rub on the coilovers (if you lower it more than 35-40mm. also because of their design they will make some noice because it is aluminium sitting on metal springs and because the preload spring make some noice when the first few coils of the spring make contact when it gets compressed. you can ofcourse put shims between the hat and spring like the ones luc st. pierre made for his ground controls. but on normal road there are no noices so I am pretty satisfied.

<small>[ November 27, 2004, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: SIXPACK ]</small>
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

nice, how much it cost you, coilovers/springs, did you notice better braking with slotted/drilled rotors, most people say its waste on stock mx3 and just driving around
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Wow.. thats awesome. How does it ride? Like the brakes more?
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

here are some pics I took today. it is really dark outside so sorry for ****ty pics ;)

car is lowered 50mm front and 45mm rear. damn my SRD crossmember sits really close to the street now :shrug:

you can check more pictures of my car here

<small>[ November 28, 2004, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: SIXPACK ]</small>
Last edited by SIXPACK on December 30th, 2004, 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

Mitmaks: the GTS coilovers cost around $995 since they are real coilovers. the slotted and drilled rotors are great. first I bought them just for looks since my rims are very open and the old rotors were rusted and ugly. now after 10 months or so they still look brand new! and I paid less for those drilled/slotted rotors than what plain OEM brembos cost in shops here. they improved braking but they are also better quality than the usual nonames. the stories about they crack easier I dont belive. we put so many aftermarket parts on our cars to make them look better so why not do the same to the brakes. I dont care if it is not really nessasary. they are good rotors that lasts longer and the car brakes really good ;)
Macen

Post by Macen »

So those rotors dosen't rust? I want plain rotors that dosen't rust.
Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

your car is bad a**!! :2thumbsup:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

That's HOT!

Sweet ride!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
jordan69

Post by jordan69 »

hey what kind of muffler is that and is it quiet? and about those rotors, who makes those?
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

it's a stainless steel Top Speed Pro 1 axle back bolt-on exhaust. it sits angled much like on the toyota supra. It got a deep quiet sound outside. but you need to have the resonator in it or else it drones alot in the car. I don't think it is that loud. the rotors are OEM brembo that are zinc plated and slotted/drilled by sportbrakes.com http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&tc=photo&item=7937452079&category=33564
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I wish my exhaust didn't drone so loud in my car. :( lol the only time it sounds normal is if I have my stereo cranked. When I did the exhaust I thought it would get quieter, but it actually got a bit louder. I like the sound of the exhaust, just not in the ****pit. Speaking of which, how do you post a pic on these forums?
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

Originally posted by Macen:
So those rotors dosen't rust? I want plain rotors that dosen't rust.
Yes, they do rust.

BTW SIXPACK: I LOVE your car... it is EXACTLY the look I am going for next year. I always wondered what my car might look like, and now my decision is made. SWEET car dude. Very classy.

<small>[ November 28, 2004, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: bmwm3guy ]</small>

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”