new full exhaust

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
misfitsfiend

new full exhaust

Post by misfitsfiend »

the other day i got myself a full new exhaust system installed on my mx3 v6
its supposed to be stainless steel and i ended up paying about 870 for it all
now the muffler is the ugliest think ive ever seen but the whole thing is new it just doesnt look that great but anyways i just want to know other peoples opinions to know if i got ripped off or not...
Sam Baker

Re: new full exhaust

Post by Sam Baker »

what kinda exhaust is it? and how does it sound? a full exhaust system usually costs that much (canadian dollars) cuz it's from the engine out right? new downpipe, cat, resonator, etc?
92 Autozam AZ3
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

$870??? and its already rusting??? was it with headers
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
misfitsfiend

Post by misfitsfiend »

no no its not rusting cuz its like a week old.. its just got the ugliest looking muffler ever.. i havent actually gotten under the thing either to see the rest of the job... but yea its a full full exhaust system
and i have no idea what brand it is or anything ... looks like the dudes just got a bunch of pipes from the look of it and welded everything together... i just want to know what to look for just to make sure i didnt get ripped off

it sounds good though, and at least its not leaking black **** from the side of the muffler like it used to .. instead it just drips nice exhuast water from the muffler
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

check all the bends in the pipes... if you see wrinkles in the pipe on the inside of each bend you got ripped. I paid $1100 for mine and its beautiful fully SS had it over a year and it still looks great. Where did you get it done?
misfitsfiend

Post by misfitsfiend »

i dont know some dude opended up a new garage in my area like 4 minutes from my house ... this is though i find out that he doesnt have the tools to actually install the **** himself... and he had it sent to another place... so im thinking i may have gotten ripped cuz i also had to pay fora middle mad.. maybe
misfitsfiend

Post by misfitsfiend »

i dont even know if its stainless steel cuz the metal looks so god damn dull ... well from what i can see.. since i cant really get under the car due to the fact i have no jacks
misfitsfiend

Post by misfitsfiend »

well there are weird bumps in the pipes .. i guess thats what you mean by wrinkles... the whole exhaust system from the bottom looks kinda ghetto .. just had a look at it
so yea im thinkin i mightve gotten ripped
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Generally it costs about (CDN) $130-300 for the muffler depending, about $200 for the cat if that was replaced, about $50 for the resonator if that was replaced, plus labour and cost of piping... plus the headers would be really expensive for a custom job.

Also, did he use 2" piping? 2.5? etc.

When I got my muffler done I got it estimated with around those values for 2.5" piping all the way through (but not incl headers) and the right cat and resonator, plus muffler. I was offer it all for $550 plus tax.
Krist B.

Post by Krist B. »

for that price, even if it's not SS, u should have got mandrel bent piping with a nice muffler. BTW, did u really get a custom header with that price?
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i got intercooler piping and full turbo back exhaust in 2.5" ss for 1200
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

when i got my stainless exaust done with magnaflow muffler it was around $700
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
misfitsfiend

Post by misfitsfiend »

i dont even know what kind of muffler it is, the muffler looks so cheap... but im pretty sure its a stainless steel exhaust system ... everything was changed so at least i didnt get ripped off on that ... its just a question of the quality of the whole thing ...
i really want to know what kind of **** the dude put for the muffler

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”