I must be soo behind....i never knew that they made this

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
jplar

Re: I must be soo behind....i never knew that they made this

Post by jplar »

I'm starting to feel sorry for agreeing with bubba now. One thing to stick up for not bashing, quite another to then start pointing out specific examples of one time races and treating them as constants.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

your totaly rite mitmaks. a sohc Honda Vtec will not and absolutly not beet a 1.8 v6 MX. unless the situation draws up that it is in a hatch back which is a SWAP and not stock. then it would could be close. now that's if, of course they are both stock and driven by pro's, but the MX should win no questions asked, and without a swap. now if it were the B16 in the hatch back the MX wouldent stand a chance un less it was a KLZE then i would have to side with the honda. because frankly that engine is just fast as hell. and iv seen hatch backs turn high 14's with the stock B16. im not saying that a KLZE wont turn that by any means, but im not aware of that without NOS, but im sure theres some one out there that can.

and BUBBA on any non HONDA forum your going to find honda slamming, it just happens its like---- a freek of nature or something i know, it really upsets me, i loose sleep over it all the time :crying: . now you go on a Honda forum and they slam everyone else. so you cant expect too much

its what ever your preference is if you like HONDAs thats great dont get all pissed off and get your panties all in a bunch about it, its not that big of a deal.
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Ok man, go look in a 92-95 honda civic Si, ummmm yeah. The engine is a 1.6L SOHC VTEC, that is stock. Ok, so now your saying cause the car is different, it isn't a fair race? How many cars weigh the exact same? You guys are difinatly a--holes. Yeah, i've never ridden in a mx-3 v6... I own one. You need to pull your heads out of your asses thinking that mx-3s are the best/fastest cars in the world. Oh yeah, and that type-r is not a 1.6L its a 1.8. And it makes 210HP But still, i need to do my research. hmmmm i don't know what a swap is either.... I guess thats what I did on my civic. Also, don't start going off on how the reason my car was as quick as it was, was because of the engine swap. I had the low model, and I swapped in the high model engine in it. Or maybe go race a civic with a h22a in it, that puts out 220HP. You guys tell me to do my research, and then you say a VTEC engine doesn't even come stock in a civic. WOW... Now, one more thing. I'm not even talking about JDM engines... which are higher compression, have more aggressive cams, and have no emmision regulations... Go race a JDM DOHC VTEC 1.8L or 2.2L powered car. Now your saying that my civic with a 1.6L VTEC is on par with a kl-ze? no Thats like saying swap a kl-03 into the mx-3 and race a type-r powered honda..... I think you guys need to do some research on your competitors...
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

It's plain and simple:

It's Fugly.

End of story.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

Originally posted by Bubbaflaat:
Ok man, go look in a 92-95 honda civic Si, ummmm yeah. The engine is a 1.6L SOHC VTEC, that is stock. Ok, so now your saying cause the car is different, it isn't a fair race? How many cars weigh the exact same? You guys are difinatly a--holes. Yeah, i've never ridden in a mx-3 v6... I own one. You need to pull your heads out of your asses thinking that mx-3s are the best/fastest cars in the world. Oh yeah, and that type-r is not a 1.6L its a 1.8. And it makes 210HP But still, i need to do my research. hmmmm i don't know what a swap is either.... I guess thats what I did on my civic. Also, don't start going off on how the reason my car was as quick as it was, was because of the engine swap. I had the low model, and I swapped in the high model engine in it. Or maybe go race a civic with a h22a in it, that puts out 220HP. You guys tell me to do my research, and then you say a VTEC engine doesn't even come stock in a civic. WOW... Now, one more thing. I'm not even talking about JDM engines... which are higher compression, have more aggressive cams, and have no emmision regulations... Go race a JDM DOHC VTEC 1.8L or 2.2L powered car. Now your saying that my civic with a 1.6L VTEC is on par with a kl-ze? no Thats like saying swap a kl-03 into the mx-3 and race a type-r powered honda..... I think you guys need to do some research on your competitors...
i think you do
the type r only has 195hp(still very good for a 1.8L) and the 220 hp h22 your talking about is a j-spec type s from japan(blue top)
but i bet you knew that :2thumbsup:
i don't have a civic and i know more then u bout civics
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

and if you had a v-tec d16 in your car don;t u thibk you should know the real hp it has
Horsepower: 125 hp
Torque: 106 ft-lbs.
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

ok dude now your saying a US edition dohc Honda B18 makes 210. no it doesent only the J-SPEC. the US is like 178. second we were under the empression that you were talking about a HATCH BACK. NOT AN SI you know its the one with a trunk lid. that makes a world of difference it even slower. my buddy has an si (with a trunk lid) and he is turning high 13's with the 1.6L SOHC V-TEC which is what came in that car, he is turning 208HP and 255 foot pounds of tork. he is running a gretti turbo and alot of other goodies. i dont know how or where you got your info but that engine will not turn the numbers that your saying with out some MODS and heavy ones. and too my knowledge the 1.8 which you speek of didnt come from a civic its from an integra. the civic only came in a 1.6. OK if your still not satisfyied the 92-95 civic SI DOES A LOW 17SEC 1/4 STOCK. sorry always has and always will
you dont need to start calling everyone names just chill out, we are all supposed to be adults talking about cars. and this thred has gotten way off track from the origional sub.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

see he swaped the LX motor into his car thats where he gets the high hp numbers.
yah i wasent sure if the Type R civic came with a 1.8. i havent really spent the time to look at the Type R. i thought it was 195hp but thought it was too high for some reason. :shrug:
its been a while scince iv looked at the honda motor HP ratings.
DVH

Post by DVH »

I'm not getting involved :roll: , mods are gonna hate me! Curt, You take this one! lol
:2thumbsup:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

**NEWS FLASH**
WE DON'T DRIVE RACE CARS PEOPLE!! God.
DVH

Post by DVH »

Originally posted by Quick Sliver:
**NEWS FLASH**
WE DON'T DRIVE RACE CARS PEOPLE!! God.
well Steve not sure what ur talking about, I sure am! lol jokes :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

How does this guy come in here and call us a--holes and he's got 16 posts? I for one thought that a--holes would be 'crossed out' in this forum.
Bubba make your point, but refrain from calling the rest of us a--holes or any other name or it will get ugly.

one :pimp:
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Well,

I'll bring ya some times slips. I had a '93 civic hatch with a 1.6 SOHC VTEC engine in it and it ran 15.8 in the 1/4 mile. I'd like a see a close to stock K8 do that. How can you honestly think the K8 is quick at all. Nobody "lied" to me, I proved it myself, by the way. This civic also went 145 mph. Once again, impossible for a K8. And now you are thinking, oh this guy doesn't have a clue about fast cars. Well, my other car right now is a '90 eagle talon Tsi awd. That can run 13.8 but that isn't very fast for a DSM. I just don't get why you hate cars that are built awsome, quick for their engine size, and don't loose their value like other sport compacts. I don't mean to start fights, but you guys are being extremely narrow minding by saying Honda's are crap.
Im buying a TSI.. so noones hating on them.
and as far as your comment on pulling close to a 15.8 in a 1/4... my slip 16.1 ALL STOCK

U will never run a 15.8 on a stock honda SOHC.
My feiance has that in her honda accord. Its fast, but not a 15.8 sec car by any means.

Also your saying all of us are dissing hondas. I dont rememeber myself saying a damn thing about hondas. I know they are good cars, as is a Mazda. But for your FYI, Ive replaced more parts on my girls and my friends honda than I have on any mazda Ive owned... and I have 3 mx-3s.

<small>[ January 27, 2004, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Man, I totally understand that. But people gotta open there eyes too. Not just listen to sterotypes. Lol, i know this is a mazda forum. I have a mx-3! I just was sticking up for my roots. If I had the choice between a Mx-3 with a kl-ze, or a civic with a type-r engine. I'd pick the mx-3 cause of originality, but i'd go with the civic for performance.
I've seen stock KL-03 mx-6's in the 15's. Put one in the mx-3 and you're easily in the high 14's. :shrug: That's pretty good performance for just an engine swap, and that's not even a ZE.
I'm not even talking about JDM engines... which are higher compression, have more aggressive cams, and have no emmision regulations...
JDM motors have emissions regulations.

<small>[ January 27, 2004, 12:20 PM: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</small>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

I was talking about the HATCHBACK. Honda has only made one non-hatchback model Si civic, and that was the 99-01 Si, which came with a DOHC VTEC engine. And yes I was talking about the Acura Integra Type-R. Well, if you guys are all so narrow minded that you think the mazda mx-3 is the only car in the world that is quick, and has potential. And you hate other cars that are cheap, fun, and quick. You guys aren't going to make it much longer in the import scene. If the civic is such an awfull car, how come it is still in production, and the mx-3 is not? Non of the Honda clubs, local and on the internet that I have been a part of do any sort of hating on other cars. They realize that the people are into cars, and no matter what they drive. Its all about having fun. Not making fun of other people and things to make yourself feel better.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”