I must be soo behind....i never knew that they made this

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
quicksliver

Re: I must be soo behind....i never knew that they made this

Post by quicksliver »

Originally posted by Bubbaflaat:
I don't know about you guys, but I love my mx-3 and all. And its CHEAP potential. But you dumbasses gotta stop hatin on the honda's. I am a former owner of a honda. Best car I've ever had. Beat the HELL out of it and never drank oil at all. Honda's get a bad rap because a bunch of dumb kids buy them (or parents do), and they cut the springs and put a cherry bomb on it. And drive it around town like an a--hole thinking its a race car. I hate those people too. Honestly, how smart are you if you hate on a car that has a SOHC 1.6L engine and blows your DOHC 1.8L V6 out of the water?! Come on use some common sense. Honda's are steriotyped so much, but really its the person not the car.
*smacks him upside the head, and kicks his *** out the door*
jplar

Post by jplar »

I would agree with you there Bubba. Why hate on an entire product line? It's like the stupid "chevy vs. ford" thing up here. Who cares? If someone likes the said car, fine. If they like the competing one, fine.

If they were as bad as some people made it out to be, I"m sure the company would have long since ceased to exist. Honda must be doing something right to be able to maintain profitability.

Though this is getting a tad off topic here.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I don't know about you guys, but I love my mx-3 and all. And its CHEAP potential. But you dumbasses gotta stop hatin on the honda's. I am a former owner of a honda. Best car I've ever had. Beat the HELL out of it and never drank oil at all. Honda's get a bad rap because a bunch of dumb kids buy them (or parents do), and they cut the springs and put a cherry bomb on it. And drive it around town like an a--hole thinking its a race car. I hate those people too. Honestly, how smart are you if you hate on a car that has a SOHC 1.6L engine and blows your DOHC 1.8L V6 out of the water?! Come on use some common sense. Honda's are steriotyped so much, but really its the person not the car.
"Honestly, how smart are you if you hate on a car that has a SOHC 1.6L engine and blows your DOHC 1.8L V6 out of the water?!"
Who lied to you?

You should really look up some facts before posting false info.

As far as the "Dumbasses" portion of your post. That was completley unnecessary.

<small>[ January 26, 2004, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: Custommx3 ]</small>
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

There is no Honda SOHC 1.6L engine that can blow the V6 1.8L out of the water. Maybe the 1.6 DOHC but not the SOHC.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

hehe, remember david coleman used to jump all over a post like that. Present all the correct info and make the poster look just downright silly.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

THIS THREAD WON'T DIE!!!11
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Well,

I'll bring ya some times slips. I had a '93 civic hatch with a 1.6 SOHC VTEC engine in it and it ran 15.8 in the 1/4 mile. I'd like a see a close to stock K8 do that. How can you honestly think the K8 is quick at all. Nobody "lied" to me, I proved it myself, by the way. This civic also went 145 mph. Once again, impossible for a K8. And now you are thinking, oh this guy doesn't have a clue about fast cars. Well, my other car right now is a '90 eagle talon Tsi awd. That can run 13.8 but that isn't very fast for a DSM. I just don't get why you hate cars that are built awsome, quick for their engine size, and don't loose their value like other sport compacts. I don't mean to start fights, but you guys are being extremely narrow minding by saying Honda's are crap.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

You cannot measure a car's capabilities due to a driver's mistakes or otherwise at a track. In actuality, ANY car can beat any other car. It all depends on conditions and the cars respective drivers.

On another point, I don't think civics can even make it up to 145mph on stock gearing.

I didn't even see an excessive amount of Honda bashing. Who cares anyways. :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

EBUCKS

Post by EBUCKS »

Where's Kurt when you need him . . . :shrug: :throwup:

one
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

I had a Civic Si model engine in the low model Vx hatch. And yes it did go 145, on the gauge that is. Who knows how accurate it is, but it was difinatly going fast. Now why would you bring driver error into this? It has been posted many times on this forum that the best of drivers can take the k8 to mid to low 16s. hmmm, this 1.6L SOHC VTEC engine isn't capable of beating a 1.8L DOHC V6? Go check out some honda engine specs, D16z6 is the engine code. I you look it says it makes 127 hp, and i think... 112 ft/lbs of tourqe. How much does the k8 put out? So why is it not possible for a lighter car, with a better engine, to beat a k8 powered mx-3? Yeah, maybe you guys were right I haven't done any honda research. I was liking this forum alot, until I started to notice all the honda bashing that happens here. I've seen many ***s driving mx-3's also. Its the driver, not the car. Ok, i've had my mx-3 for about 3 months now, and i've had more problems with it than I ever did with my civic, which I had for 2 years. Now, I know everyone has different experiances with different cars. But I know many people who are running 75 shot nitrous on their d16z6 and have zero problems. What happens if you run 75 shot on a k8? Why can't some more of you guys here be a little more open minded. Now, i'm not saying everyone is, just those people who can't even tolorate other makes and models of cars. It is the driver of the car, that you judge, not the car itself. One of my buddies who has a '98 dodge neon sport four door, with intake/exhaust and nothing else done. Raced a new dodge viper srt-10 and beat it. Now, the driver of this viper sucked *** obviously, but it just goes to show how important the driver is. All the power in the world can't substitute for a good driver.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Well cool then. I don't have any problems with Honda's personally, but it's true, the K8 (as sucky as it is) will beat out most SOHC 4 cyl. Honda's. That's not even saying much though IMO. Both cars are just pocket rocket's. IMO, they are very similar, but when it comes to road course racing, the Honda would probably have more body rigidy then an MX-3 due to our huge glass hatch. :D It really doesn't matter though. But if there is simply mis-information going around, then I see your point.

<small>[ January 26, 2004, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</small>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Man, I totally understand that. But people gotta open there eyes too. Not just listen to sterotypes. Lol, i know this is a mazda forum. I have a mx-3! I just was sticking up for my roots. If I had the choice between a Mx-3 with a kl-ze, or a civic with a type-r engine. I'd pick the mx-3 cause of originality, but i'd go with the civic for performance.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

wow that must be very fast type R engine that i never heard of it before, Im so scared now, i better not race that almighty 1.6 4 banger or id get whooped sooo bad in my SE....(NOT) lmao, dude do you even know what youre talking about? You never ridden in V6 mx3? I think you didnt, or you wouldnt bs about 1.6 ricer beating V6
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Well,

I'll bring ya some times slips. I had a '93 civic hatch with a 1.6 SOHC VTEC engine in it and it ran 15.8 in the 1/4 mile. I'd like a see a close to stock K8 do that. How can you honestly think the K8 is quick at all. Nobody "lied" to me, I proved it myself, by the way. This civic also went 145 mph. Once again, impossible for a K8. And now you are thinking, oh this guy doesn't have a clue about fast cars. Well, my other car right now is a '90 eagle talon Tsi awd. That can run 13.8 but that isn't very fast for a DSM. I just don't get why you hate cars that are built awsome, quick for their engine size, and don't loose their value like other sport compacts. I don't mean to start fights, but you guys are being extremely narrow minding by saying Honda's are crap.
post them
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I had a Civic Si model engine in the low model Vx hatch. And yes it did go 145, on the gauge that is. Who knows how accurate it is, but it was difinatly going fast. Now why would you bring driver error into this? It has been posted many times on this forum that the best of drivers can take the k8 to mid to low 16s. hmmm, this 1.6L SOHC VTEC engine isn't capable of beating a 1.8L DOHC V6? Go check out some honda engine specs, D16z6 is the engine code. I you look it says it makes 127 hp, and i think... 112 ft/lbs of tourqe. How much does the k8 put out? So why is it not possible for a lighter car, with a better engine, to beat a k8 powered mx-3? Yeah, maybe you guys were right I haven't done any honda research. I was liking this forum alot, until I started to notice all the honda bashing that happens here. I've seen many ***s driving mx-3's also. Its the driver, not the car. Ok, i've had my mx-3 for about 3 months now, and i've had more problems with it than I ever did with my civic, which I had for 2 years. Now, I know everyone has different experiances with different cars. But I know many people who are running 75 shot nitrous on their d16z6 and have zero problems. What happens if you run 75 shot on a k8? Why can't some more of you guys here be a little more open minded. Now, i'm not saying everyone is, just those people who can't even tolorate other makes and models of cars. It is the driver of the car, that you judge, not the car itself. One of my buddies who has a '98 dodge neon sport four door, with intake/exhaust and nothing else done. Raced a new dodge viper srt-10 and beat it. Now, the driver of this viper sucked *** obviously, but it just goes to show how important the driver is. All the power in the world can't substitute for a good driver.
dude, you dont know what crap ure talking about, first you said stock civic vs. stock mx3 gs. now ure saying hatch with V-tec engine. That's called SWAP. if you do "swap" klze into mx-3 , it will pop the hatch off of your hatchback, hands down. Also isn't hatchback lighter than mx3 gs, or im wrong guys?

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”