Antennae

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
IM12NV

Antennae

Post by IM12NV »

Ok, i need a little help with a minor issue. i have a stocked stereo system in my car, but when i listen tot he radio,, i still get fuzz and static. i pick up other statios. i know the problem lies in my antenna or antennae, however its spelled. the dealership wants $28 for a new one. im not complaining for that price, but it might not even be the antenna. is there like an oil i can put on it to get better reception (the guy at the dealership told i can do that)... or is there any different soecial antenna i can use. i hate those like 8 foot ones that people have on their roofs, but i want a small little unnoticeable one, much like the factory one in now, that goes on an angle from above the driver side window. i know the angle doesnt help much, but what can i do? just not listen to the radio all together? please help!<P>------------------<BR>- Domenick -<BR>1995 Mazda MX-3
- Domenick -
Tropical Emerald Metallic 1995 Mazda MX-3 RS

Re: Antennae

Post by Guest »

well check the ground on the radio, and I guess you could get a Filter at Wal-Mart, its in the stereo department and will say Reception filter. I dont know how they work but it may help. Chris
IM12NV

Post by IM12NV »

How do i go about checking the ground on the radio.<P>------------------<BR>- Domenick -<BR>1995 Mazda MX-3
- Domenick -
Tropical Emerald Metallic 1995 Mazda MX-3 RS

Post by Guest »

Do you have the "keys" to pull out the radio? If so this would help. Once the radio is pulled out, look for a Black wire, it may be thicker than the rest of the wires, and usually the one close to the Red (battery) and the Yellow or Orange, (lets radio come on with key). Check to see if you see any brakes in the wire as far back as you can see. Also make sure the Antenna is fully pluged in. and then there is a Black wire off to the right of the main harnesses. It is a single wire that plugs into the back of the deck. This is bolted to the metal frame for the Radio unit. It ends up on the passengers left foot area. Im not sure if it has something to do with the ground of the radio, or the anti~theft. <P> But give that a try and see if it does anything for you.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SmaMitches:<BR><B> Do you have the "keys" to pull out the radio? If so this would help. Once the radio is pulled out, look for a Black wire, it may be thicker than the rest of the wires, and usually the one close to the Red (battery) and the Yellow or Orange, (lets radio come on with key). Check to see if you see any brakes in the wire as far back as you can see. Also make sure the Antenna is fully pluged in. and then there is a Black wire off to the right of the main harnesses. It is a single wire that plugs into the back of the deck. This is bolted to the metal frame for the Radio unit. It ends up on the passengers left foot area. Im not sure if it has something to do with the ground of the radio, or the anti~theft. <P> But give that a try and see if it does anything for you. </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>actually the red wire is the ignition power(key), and the yellow/orange is the constant power(battery). Also what could help you is you can go to your local auto parts/audio shop and they should have a "signal enhancer" it should only cost you around $25-$30US. If they don't have one, look in the JCWhitney catalog and they have one in the audio/sound section. I think Crutchfield has one too.<BR>~Ryan~<BR>
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”