The GTA

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
white fish

The GTA

Post by white fish »

kuruption1983

Re: The GTA

Post by kuruption1983 »

SUPZ<BR>I was in the markham VW meet when they were taping da show, ahhh that loser streetracer! doesnt know what the F%^k he is talkin about,,, :D<p>[ December 04, 2002: Message edited by: kuruption1983 ]
MazdaGirl

Post by MazdaGirl »

Ha, I know Billy. I went to a few street races last year that he organized. He started <A HREF="http://www.torontostreetracing.com" TARGET=_blank>www.torontostreetracing.com</A> and is still affiliated with them.<P>He's actually a pretty decent guy.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I used to go on their forums all the time until they recently switched the boards to that horrible red colour scheme, very ugly.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

stacey which one are you talkin about, da dude with da camera all the time, racing his i dunno 1912 celica or the guy with the hatchback civic!<P>latez :D
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

At least the city of Toronto or whatever has cops that actually care to do something to take street racing off the streets, nothing like that going on here, cops and the city love the money made from tickets, so why stop it?
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i dont know much about the street racing scene in toronto<BR>but here in md i was targeted by police for the looks of my car.....<BR>i was really peeved...i dont street race & never really have.....my theory is there is always gonna be someone to out beat you in either HP or 1/4 mile.....also <BR>in that mtv special <BR>the police are quoated..."we make our presense known & if people leave they are up to something"<BR>this is the wrong attitude....<BR>i was @ a car show in md where the state police actually showed their cars & werent there to harass people.....<P>every body need to settle down a bit & step back take a hard look at the situation...& comprimise.....<BR>thats just my ramblin on though<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 992mmx3:<BR><STRONG>At least the city of Toronto or whatever has cops that actually care to do something to take street racing off the streets, nothing like that going on here, cops and the city love the money made from tickets, so why stop it?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The cops shown on that show were just PR bullsh*t. They are not like that most of the time, off camera it's a lot different.<P>It's not any different from where you are, it's also a big money making them for them as well here. Sure a lot of times they'll just let you go but when they do want to give you a ticket they'll try to give you as many as possible for practically anything.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

Durring our largest meet of the year a cop told us ue had to move from the same parking lot that was in that show, I didnt talk to the cop so I dont know what was said, but it was clear by the 16 MX-3's that we were not street racers and we were not causing any trouble with our parked cars.<P>He could have cut us some slack. <P>And all summer long not once did I see a cop get out and hang with us.<P>But I thaught the show was very realalistic :roll: :roll: :roll:<p>[ December 05, 2002: Message edited by: curtklze ]
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
powerman_5000

Post by powerman_5000 »

The cops really don't harass us that much, unless some does something stupid. Actually we had a couple of cops here and there sit around and talk to us.
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

the cops here hate ricers so much.. theyve ruined all our nice cruising spots... damn hondas :mad: <P>my friend got pulled over for his exhaust being too loud .. and its really not loud at all.. cops are way strict here
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Yeah, they do that here too, I got pulled over in my mx right in front of our meeting spot but was like the only person to be let go, I had my sidemarkers on with blue bulbs in them. The entire kent police dept. was down in the area monitoring everyones every move. How is that protecting and serving the rest of the city? Its more of a nuisance, no racing was going on, just people meeting up, cops just need to realize the difference between a cruise, and street racing. Stop the illegal activity, don't block us in for socializing.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”