Power Windows

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Marlon

Power Windows

Post by Marlon »

i'm going to the junkyard to get a front bumper that come on the v6 and i was thingking of getting power windows<BR>will they work in my 93 1.6l sohc and are they hard to install? how much to install?<BR>thanks<P>theres not really a fourm to post this so i'm posting it in here, a mod can movie it if he/she wants
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
RanMan

Re: Power Windows

Post by RanMan »

I am not for sure, but I would like to think that your car has already been wired for it. It is not cost effective for Mazda (most car dealers) to go through the trouble of wiring the same car multiple ways. I am sure that the wiring is all in place and all you need to do is to install the parts and plug them into the existing wiring. I know my 94 RS has manual windows, but has the places (in the center console) for the power window swithces and the wiring is there for the switch (I looked). I would like to think that your car is the same way.
IM12NV

Post by IM12NV »

Yeah, ill second that question. how do i find out if my car is pre-wired for the installation. if it is, can i install the power windows myself? i got a 1995 mx-3. how much would all this cost?<P>------------------<BR>- Domenick -<BR>1995 Mazda MX-3
- Domenick -
Tropical Emerald Metallic 1995 Mazda MX-3 RS
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

Well, I cannot be for sure about the doors, but as for the switch, you can look yourself. On either side of the Emergency brake handle (on the console), you should see two rectangular areas. These rectangles are where the power windows would go (or at least that is where I think they would go). At any rate, these rectangles pop out (carefully using a flathead screwdriver). Once you have popped one out, you should see a plug there with wiring. I would imagine that you can just get the switches and plug them right into the plug. Before spending alot of time and money getting all the stuff to convert to power windows, you should try going to a junk yard and looking at the console to see if this is where the power window controls are located. If so, then pop one out and see if the plug is the same as in your car. If they are, then I would like to think that it is simply a matter of getting the power window units and switches from a car that has them. I dont know if you need to take all the track out of the door, or if the manual windows has the same track or not. Sorry, never really checked into it.
Bbqman218

Post by Bbqman218 »

On the power windows, the buttons are located on the the drivers door panel, and the passengers is where that cap is on the handle on that door panel. What I have found is that the doors arent wired for this feature unless you have this feature. I hesitated to reply cause I didnt want to start anything, I just wanted to help. The mazda has different wiring harnesses for the GS and the RS. It is quite stupid I agree to not just make the same pig tails for all of the cars. But in the long run it saves mazda money for the # of RS's out their is more than the # of Gs's. SO I think. On the caps in the center next to the E-brake, they are for the Heated seats. but I question myself again, Why? would they spend the money to put caps their instead of a smooth finished console for the US models and not add the Pig tails for the WIndows?<P>
Xyphin

Post by Xyphin »

Bbqman218 is right the original positions for powered window controls are located in the doors themselves, it's in the owners manual.<BR>
mistahmoogle

Post by mistahmoogle »

Yeah, why are the little notches for the heated seats by the e-brake in my 95 MX-3 RS? Didn't they only make the heated seats for the 93 SE? Anyways, I'm interested in the OEM power windows conversion too. Is it possible? easy? Just get parts/wiring from a wrecked MX-3? Which parts? I'm assuming Mazda couldn't add that option now, since MX-3's have been out of production for so long...

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”