wHaT dA hElL !!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
boostedmx

Re: wHaT dA hElL !!

Post by boostedmx »

honda is a VERY good car. it's the drivers giving them a bad reputation.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

As the owner of an '93 MX-3 AND a soon to be B16a powered '91 Honda CRX, I'll weigh in.<P>Both are excellent cars, and I love them both. In general though, Honda has gone downhill since the late eighties and early nineties. They are still quality cars with great engineering behind them, but they are now mostly ugly and family-oriented. It seems to me that although the quality is still there, some of the soul is gone.<P>Well, in my eyes, that's where Mazda picked up. I know I might get flamed for this, but it seems to me that Mazda used the Honda CRX as inspiration for the MX-3. The last year Honda made CRX's was 1991. The first year Mazda made MX-3's was 1992. To me, a driver of both cars, it seems that Mazda took a page from Honda and created their own rounder version of the CRX and called it the MX-3. There are A LOT of similarites between the two cars. In my opinion, too many to be considered a coincidence.<P>So I guess I'm a classic Honda lover, but if I were to buy a brand new car it would either be a Mazda or a Nissan.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

(Stays neutral in this discussion)
MazdaGirl

Post by MazdaGirl »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DVH:<BR><STRONG><B> I LOVE THAT CAR , IT'S SWEET, I ADMIRE THAT HE IS DIFFERENT AND HAS HALF A FRONT BUMPER AND DRIVES A HONDA, VERY ORIGINAL! GOOD JOB BRO!</B><BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>You are pure jokes Derek, I was LMAO reading your post.
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paragon:<BR><STRONG> if you drive a honda, and it makes you happy, than more power to you. it's not my car to build, so why judge it?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>because I can.<P>on second thought......yah... hondas suck.<p>[ November 30, 2002: Message edited by: curtklze ]
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> because I can.<P>on second thought......yah... hondas suck.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>sounds like someone gets beat by hondas alot! :D :D <BR> j/k man, no need to get worked up over this.<p>[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: boostedmx ]
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by boostedmx:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>sounds like someone gets beat by hondas alot! :D :D <BR> j/k man, no need to get worked up over this.<P>[ December 01, 2002: Message edited by: boostedmx ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>lol
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

HAHA, this is a funny discussion. I love a good debate as long as nobody is getting hurt. I am in between on this subject myself. I love hondas for their styling. I was actually gunna get a civic before I decided that I wanted performance. I also concidered the Prelude V-tec. I am planning on getting a del Sol for a commuter since they get good gas milage. I don't hate honda drivers either. The ONLY thing that I hate about honda is their engine. People say "Honda's are easy and cheap to fix up since their is so much of a demand for their products. BULLSHI!T. What is the fastest way to make a Civic or Teg have 200HP? Engine swap. And it sux that the B18C5 engine only has 195HP so it still takes modding to get the 200 out of it. The engine alone costs $5000 without install and shipping. :roll: AND it will still lose to a KLZE MX-3. It's the peeps that badge their LS with ITR and think they fool others. It don't stop at honda either. The Neon is one of the biggest rice cars I see running around. So, in conclusion, HOnda's don't suck, Honda engines suck. Like Ashley said, their torqueless wonders.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
voltaire

Post by voltaire »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG> And it sux that the B18C5 engine only has 195HP so it still takes modding to get the 200 out of it. The engine alone costs $5000 without install and shipping. :roll: AND it will still lose to a KLZE MX-3. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ahh, but stick that engine in a lightweight car like a CRX and you'll be faaaaaaaaast.<P>Here's the deal with Hondas:<BR>Honda is known for quality engineering, design, and reliability. They are also known for high resale value. Because of that, a little luck, and other market factors, there is a high demand for new & used Hondas alike. Because of that Honda has sold a crap-load of cars over the years. Because of that, their is a HUGE aftermarket for Hondas. Because of that, Hondas have become the modern "Hot-Rod" for the enthusiast market. By "Hot-Rod" I mean cars that are the most commonly upgraded and modified.<P>These days, if you want to be able to easily tweak your (modern) car in any way under the sun, Honda is the way to go. That doesn't mean it's the best way, that just means it's the easiest way.<P>Does anyone know how to get stats which would show the percentage of registered cars by manufacturer? I'd be interested to know what percentage of all cars (in the U.S.) are Hondas. At least in my area, it seems that 25% would be about right. I doubt it would be that high over the whole U.S. though.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Hey DVH, its cool man, i thought the car was ridiculous too, so you missed my point, I just don't like everyone doggin on cars cause they have stuff done to them, I use to hate ALL jap cars at one time cause I was so into muscle cars and hung out with weird hicks, but now I've changed my opinions cause I actually learned more about them and stopped being ignorant, so it just never made sense to me why people who suped up jap cars would make fun of others while doing the same things. In the meantime now i've taken a hating to the electric car. Internal combustion is the only way to go!!
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 992mmx3:<BR><STRONG>, so it just never made sense to me why people who suped up jap cars would make fun of others while doing the same things.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Because hondas suck. :D
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.

OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curtklze:<BR><STRONG><P>Because hondas suck. :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>and what is your reasoning for this statement mr. negativity? :p
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

i told you he gets beat all the time!!.... :D :D :D <P>my brother owns a honda that i built for him. simple b16a swap (which was not even $2000) and a turbo kit he got used off of ebay for 700 bucks. he is in the 13's people. hondas are cheap to build and cheap to fix. they do hold they're value though so its a bit expensive to buy one.<BR>if i were to compare the cost of my engine to that of a similar buildup on a honda it would be half for the honda. i recently saw crower rods advertised for 389 for the b16a!!! mine were $1000 for crying out loud!! <P>there engines are far superior to 95% of the engines out there. example...2 weeks ago, rebuilt a 88 civic 3dr engine that came into the shop. the car had 346,000 miles on it. the only reason it wouldnt run was lack of compression......rings were bad. soooo.. i threw new rings in and plastigaged all the main and rod bearings upon reassembling. they were the originals.. the bearing clearances were all in spec and i was able to re-use all bearings.. to make along story short. this was the original owner, original engine and correct mileage. this car only cost him $600 to be rebuilt. the car is on its original clutch and tranny. hes only had to do oil changes and brakes untill this engine job.<P>this is only one example of the quality of materials and parts of honda motor company. i see this sort of thing all day everyday..
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Honda's are GREAT commuter cars. I would never deny that. BUT people look at hondas for their power and don't realize that althought the b16a has 160HP it only has 111ft/lbs of TQ. I know all the honda boys reply to this is "Less torque = less wheelspin" BUT not when you're talkin about 111 #ft. I would and will buy a honda when I am ready to buy a commuter car. Honda's aren't fast, and it's hard to make them fast. Unless of course you put the b16 or b18 engine in the CRX (which from personal experience is not a reliable car). But I'd love to see someone fix up a stock CRX engine. It would cost you a bundle. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Hondas are for Grandma's and Groceries!
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cre8v mx3:<BR><STRONG>and what is your reasoning for this statement mr. negativity? ;)
Yes, I AM a bastard

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”