Mileage

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
JWD

Mileage

Post by JWD »

Hey,

Quick question on a 92 MX-3 GS, how many miles can it take before not being usable. I'm looking at one with 140k miles. I know it's alot hence my question. I'm really in love with it and would really like to get it if I can get some more miles on it or does anyone have any suggestions on, if I get it, how to get it running for a longer period of time (with an estimate on price), thanks! It's been kept in great shape, it was a garage showcase no visable engine problems.
Thanks for your time and I hope to join the community in the coming weeks!

~JWD
lakersfan1

Re: Mileage

Post by lakersfan1 »

As long as everything else seems to be mint shape, go for it. Replacement engines don't cost that much. People parting out thier cars with K8's still are almost willing to give thier engines away. And upgraded size engines slightly used range anywhere from $300 - $1000. Not a whole lot.

When you first get the car, I recommend a kerosene flush, replace oil, 1000 miles, kerosene flush, 1000 miles, then Auto-RX treatment. Once through that, your internals will be about as clean as they get. Then, just pamper her.
JWD

Post by JWD »

Thanks bro! Anyone else have any opinions? Just trying to get a wide range of thoughts! Thanks again!

~JWD
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Yeah man i have 92 gs with 145,000 miles on it and it is running just as strong as before and i got it at 120,000. All i have done is tune up and oil changes when the time comes around. So i say go for it.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3

Post by Guest »

As with taking care of someone you love....... apply the same time and care to your MX3 and you'll find that she'll always be good to you in return.

Also, you'll soon find that us MX3 owners are are a tight knit group of people when it comes to our MX3s, so, always come back here for good advice....... that's what we are here for bro.

!HAVE A GOOD ONE!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”