low fuel light

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
pickinganame

low fuel light

Post by pickinganame »

i looked around in the search forum but i cant find out how to make my low fuel light to work it used to and now i never see it on is there away to fix it? i have a 92 gs...thanks
papa roached

Re: low fuel light

Post by papa roached »

are you running the gas down that far?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

i hardly ever post here anymore cause of remarks like that dont post unless u have advice on the prob.thanks
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

well, lets see, pull your dash and check the bulb, that would be where i start and i say your running it that low because you can kill your fuel pump, it needs fuel covering it to cool, if not it runs hot and shortens its life, just so you know

also could pull the pump and level sender assembly and make sure the level is down as far as it can go like the tank was empty and have a friend turn the key on and see if the light comes on, i really think its fine seeing that your gas gauge still probably works

<small>[ August 19, 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: papa roached ]</small>
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
pickinganame

Post by pickinganame »

thanks for the advice ill check that but i dont run it that low except for this week cause its 2 dollars a gallon here and i go aslong as possable.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i know how that goes with the high price of gas and i didnt ask it to be a **** i was just tryin to figure out why you would wanna run it down that far

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”