Rice or not?

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
voltaire

Re: Rice or not?

Post by voltaire »

IMO:<P>-That whole front end sticks out WAY to far.<P>-What's with those supports holding up the "splitter"? That's NAAAAASTY!<P>-And what's up with the little round inlet to the left of the hood indent? What the hell is that for?|? We won't even go into the indent(well, it's not a scoop!) itself.<P>-Those eyelids are weird.<P>-The MX-3 is not a hot rod, keep all guages in the interior please.<P>I can't see what's going on over on the sides too well, but I suspect that it's not a pretty sight.<P>Dunno if I'd call that ricey though...
fictionaldaydream

Post by fictionaldaydream »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DVH:<BR><STRONG><BR>why the hel do u want it???<P> :o</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>BECAUSE I WANT ONE
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

thats a little more then ide prefer but i give mad props for all that work especally right hand drive, thats gotta be hard to do. as well as worthless unless your just showing off, but still cool. ide prefer to keep mine a sleeper!
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
maldo

Post by maldo »

I don't like the kit but splitter is ok. I guess you need to be into function over form to understand that the splitter helps with frontal lift. If you think that is rice than you must think canards and difusers are ricey too. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
LiVePA8

Post by LiVePA8 »

Does anybody know where that front kit is from??? Is that a custom kit or one you can order???? it looks like a kit that would go on a rx-7, I dunno anybody know where he got this?????????
Smokin mx-3

Post by Smokin mx-3 »

i tilooks like fxdesign kit<BR>I personally dont like the front bumper of fxdesign
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

it's the aresspeed body kit located in australia.<P>a splitter helps diffuse air going under the chassis and prevents it from swirling around in the engine bay which helps you in the long run because it helps achieve higher mph....it also provides downforce if angled with the stabilizer. may look like rice, but its functional.<P>front cf diffusers and canards are like a wing for fwd....it attatches to the side of your car and provides downforce for the front.<P>fyi, skylines and other really fast cars in japan use these aerodynamic techniques with splitters and diffusers in the front AND rear. i dont hear you guys calling skylines rice?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

i dont call skylines ricey.. cuz they dont look like THAT.. lol :D
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5spd_GS:<BR><STRONG>i dont call skylines ricey.. cuz they dont look like THAT.. lol :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>good point...but who knows...maybe hes got a 13b or even 20b engine in there and rwd too...who knows? if my mx3 had that chassis and engine setup, i wouldnt care if it looked THAT too tad aggressive.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

I think that car looks sweet.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

Common, it's not a car but a bulldozer.
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

hmmm...that car looks like it's squinting and has a bad overbite...and the splitter supports make it look like it's drooling. (sorry, i have a bad habit of picturing faces on cars)
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I actually like how that car looks. I'm sure tey put a lot of time, effort, and money into making that car look that way. I respect them for their hard work and dedication to the MX-3. If you're on the board, good work!
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
RaspMetalicMX3SE

Post by RaspMetalicMX3SE »

the link for the companies web page is <A HREF="http://www.aresspeed.com.au/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.aresspeed.com.au/</A> i was working on a deal with the side skirts from them they have pretty good prices.
solace

Post by solace »

I too was in contact with them and yes they gave me an awsome price for the kit but said the freight to ship it to the U.S. was ungodly and probly not worth it unless a group buy was done.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”